Retrieve automated backup from Docker container?

Version: 2.0.0.5338
Mono Version: 6.0.0.313
unRAID Version: 6.7.0 2019-05-08

I am running Sonarr in a Docker container. Everything is working and automated backups are working as expected. The only issue I have is if the database in the container becomes corrupted it will not start. I can recover by recreating the container and uploading a backup. To do this I need the most current backup possible.

The problem is I have to manually download the backup. It would be nice if I could specify the path to where the backups are saved. Barring that, is it possible to somehow download the most recent backup from my computer using something like wget? Does anyone else save their backups outside of Sonarr?

Thanks in advance!
Joey

v3 lets you do this, although they may be local paths, not container paths

i havent found a need to yet. i just leave them in there so if the db gets corrupted, which it has a couple of times, i just delete the current db files, then unzip one of the backups into its place, then restart the container

on my windows machine i have a drive letter mapped to the synology volume that the docker containers live on so its pretty easy to do that sort of thing manually when i have to. if it lived on a remote host without easy access then it could be a pain.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.