Restore backup on debian/openmediavault

hi, i am trying to restore a backup (from a synology install), to a freshOMV/Debian system

Sonarr is installed and updated on the new system, but has not been (extensively) configured.

The instructions from the wiki do not work:

rm -r /usr/local/nzbdrone/var/.config/NzbDrone/nzbdrone.db-*
cp -f /tmp/nzbdrone_backup/* /usr/local/nzbdrone/var/.config/NzbDrone/

there is no nzbdrone directory in /usr/local
the backupdirectory does exist in the referenced location (after making a backup on the new system)

Where are the config files located? and is it even wise to attempt this restore?

thanks!

The locations for the nzbdrone seem to vary a lot. I would try finding it’s location

Try running this from the root.
find / -name “nzbdrone.db”

Also see the information on the AppData Folder wiki page.

thank you for your reply, but the information in the appdata wiki is not correct for my system

the only linux system referenced in the wiki is the synology, but on my system usr/local does not contain a nzbdrone directory.

find yielded the following result:

/home/sonarr/.config/NzbDrone/nzbdrone.db

so that is probably it!

Any concerns in restoring the backup from the synology to the debian system? anyone done this before?

Common paths are listed there, but This path is listed on the System Status page in Sonarr indicates where to find it in the UI.

thanks! the best/easiest answer is indeed " you can find the appropriate directory on the status page in the sonarr web interface"

backup succeeded! another question though:

weirdly enough, in Sonarr i can only find my newly created shared folders, which contain my media via

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-NAMEOFHDD/

This does not feel normal…

Can’t hurt to give it a shot. Worst case you start over on the new system.

Just replace the copy command using the path you discovered from the find in your code. You’ll also have have to run the chown for the user running sonarr, then chmod for the permissions. I didn’t see those in your original post.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.