Renaming a file it doesn't find the release group

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5344
Mono version: 5.20.1.34:
OS: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS (https://docs.linuxserver.io/images/docker-sonarr)
Debug logs: (non applicable I think)
Description of issue: When using the rename functionality (from UI) most of the times it cannot find the release group on a previously renamed file, check in the screenshot that “Judas” is lost from the original to the renamed one

Screenshot 2020-06-03 at 09.10.03

Current format: {Series Title} s{season:00}e{episode:00} [{absolute:000}] {Episode Title} [{Quality Full}] [{Release Group}]

I only noticed this after renaming most of my media :disappointed:
Does anyone know why this happens?
And how to fix/avoid it?

Looks like the original format follows an odd crossover between standard formats (season + episode numbers) and release group in square brackets, so Sonarr likely never parsed the release group (and lost track of the file so it doesn’t have that information stored).

@markus101 you mention standard formats, do you know a proper article/post that explains those?

Maybe I should just adopt a standard format and move on.

In this case “standard” refers to season + episode number, the “Standard” Series Type in Sonarr.

-ReleaseGroup at the end if you’re using season + episode numbers [RlsGrp] if you’re using absolute episode numbers, if you’re using both, then -ReleaseGroup might be your better option.

Thanks! will do

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.