Remux quality for DVDs as well as BluRays

Over a year ago I posted a suggestion for adding a Remux quality for DVDs as well as BluRays.

Since I have seen that there are available more files with DVD Remux; admittedly not many; I was wondering if I could raise the suggestion again as people may not have seen my suggestion to comment on. Admittedly no-one commented on it last time but I would be interested in seeing if there was any more support now.

What I said before was:

I am pleased to see that in the new release of Sonarr currently being tested that there is a REMUX quality for BluRays.

I was wondering if it would be possible to have a similar quality for DVDs.

I realise that there don’t appear to be many downloadable REMUX DVD quality episodes but I guess, like a lot of others I use Sonarr for episodes I have ripped myself from my own DVDs.

Currently there is no way to differentiate between; for want of a better term real DVD rips and those I have downloaded which tend to be smaller in size and at lower bit rates,

Would it therefore be possible at add a “REMUX DVD” quality?

1 Like

If you use a naming scheme like {MediaInfo VideoCodec}.{MediaInfo VideoBitDepth}bit.{MediaInfo AudioCodec}.{MediaInfo AudioChannels}

you’ll get file names like .DVD.-.MPEG2.8bit.AC3.2.0-Sonarr

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.