Removing items from Sonarr queue removes entries in SABnzbd history

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.1.441

I really would like an option to disable Sonarr removing entries from the SAB history.

Sonarr v3, show advanced settings:

I do not have either of those remove options enabled but removing entries in the Sonarr queue still removes entries in the SAB history.

For example, earlier today I restored a Sonarr backup from a day ago. When Sonarr restarted it queued up about 10 episodes it had downloaded since the backup so I checked them all in the Sonarr queue and clicked remove selected. Sonarr removed the SAB history entries for the downloads that were done the previous day.

I have noticed other instances where removing an entry from the Sonarr queue also removes a SAB history entry. I really do not want Sonarr removing any SAB history entries.

Removing from the removes it from the download client (it tells the download client to delete the record).

The only options you have to deal with history like that is:

• Wait for them to fall out of recent history (last 30 items IIRC)
  • Use a different category

The removal from the SAB history is being too aggressive. When I removed stuff from the Sonarr queue that was queued up by Sonarr this morning, Sonarr removed SAB history of episodes that were downloaded yesterday. That makes no sense.

That is the only way for Sonarr to stop tracking something that it hasn’t imported (based on it’s database), the queue is based entirely on what the download client tells Sonarr is there. We do not have any short term plans to ignore things but not import/delete them.

I’m curious on the use case for keeping items in sab’s history… can you elaborate why you’d want to keep items forever?

It’s not so much about keeping the history forever but about having a complete recent history. I can’t really provide a compelling reason other that it bugs me.

I do not like that something that was queued and removed from the Sonarr queue one day, removed SAB history of episodes that were downloaded the previous day. It seems there should be some id that ties a Sonarr queue item to the specific entry it generates in the SAB queue and history rather than match any entry that used the same NZB. But I see that the SAB API only has the NZO_ID parameter for queue and history deletes. Oh, well.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.