Remote Path Mapping from Docker - NAS to Windows

Sonarr version (exact version): Sonarr Ver. 2.0.0.5344
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):No idea what this means.
OS: Windows 10 for Deluge/NZBGet, TerraMaster NAS v4.2.07
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

I’ve seen several topics surrounding remote path mappings in Sonarr, but I guess I’m not fully understanding what is going on. I currently have Deluge/NZBGet running on my Windows 10 PC and Sonarr running on the NAS through a docker image (linuxserver/sonarr). I have a mapped network drive to access /mnt/md0/public/ on the NAS, and that is where I originally sent Deluge/NZBGet downloads. I had set the following fields under remote path mapping:

Host: 192.168.1.234:38081
Remote: z:
Local: /mnt/md0/public/

And while the files would be downloaded to the correct place, Sonarr would not be able to find them, saying, “z:\Complete\Show is not a valid local path. You may need a Remote Path Mapping.”

Then I changed it to download the files to the Windows PC, but I cannot figure out how to do the path mapping there, either. What precisely should my mapping be? I did set up the Volume in Docker as /mnt/md0/public/ and loading path the same. Maybe I’m missing something in the Docker volume? I appreciate any feedback offered.

I too have Sonarr running on docker, had the same issue you had and the only solution was to mount the share as a NFS share, Samba shares dont work wel on docker, i think is because the container is not using the root users to read and write on the share, and you endup with this issues. to test try from the container bash access the folder, to see if you can see the maps and folders.

Could you please run through your setup with me by answering the following questions?

1. Do you have your download client running from a different location (e.g. from a computer while Sonarr is on a NAS, like mine)?
  2. If download client is on a PC, which way are you sharing folders, NAS -> PC or PC -> NAS?
  3. What steps did you ultimately take to get everything running smoothly? I ask this mainly because while I can do everything via PC, owning a NAS is new to me, and I’ve never used Docker before this, so I’m quite the newbie at it.

I appreciate your response!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.