Remote path help, been at it for a week

Sonarr version (newest):
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs:
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)
Have sonarr running on win 10 pro machine with plex, using this as plex server. (call this I7plexserver)
Have utorrent running on second win 10 pro computer with nordvpn. (call this tbox)
Completed downloads go in C:torrents\completed\tv-sonarr after download completes on tbox. (this is a network shared folder)
When sonarr goes to move the completed downloads to I7plexserver V:\media\tv shows\ I get the import failed, path does not exist error
Sonarr is running as an .exe not a service
Both torrents and media folders have permission set for everyone.
remote path mapping settings: Host is ip for tbox 192.168.1.80
Remote path is C:\Torrents\completed\tv-sonarr
Local path is V:Media\TV Shows
Host setting is the same as downloads client utorrent setting.
I can access the downloaded shows in the tv sonarr folder on tbox with file explorer from i7plexserver so I know the files are there.

You don’t specify the path where you want the series to moveto, Sonarr already knows that (each series has the path set), you need to specify the network path Sonarr can use to access C:\Torrents\completed\tv-sonarr on the other machine.

Sorry I must be understanding something wrong,
I thought in remote path mappings the host was where the download client stored the downloaded show.
(moves from incomplete to complete folder when the torrent is finished downloading)
Then sonarr uses the host ip and the remote path combined to access the completed downloads and they are then renamed and transfered to the media folder tv shows on the i7plexserver for plex to access.
Thanks in advance.

It’s the same as host field that the download client in Sonarr is set to.

The remote path mapping translates a path reported by the download client (the remote path), to a path that Sonarr can access those files at (the local path).
If the host and remote path match, Sonarr replaces the remote path with the local path.

Your local path would be something like \\192.168.1.80\Torrents\completed\tv-sonarr (assuming the torrents folder is shared on the network).

So I set host to 192.168.1.80 ip address of computer download client is running on and the same address used for the download client settings in sonarr
Set the remote path to \TBOX\Torrents\completed\tv-sonar (which i copied from the address bar in file explorer while accessing the folder.
Set the local path to \192.168.1.80\Torrents\completed\tv-sonar as you suggested
Still get the error
Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: C:\Torrents\completed\tv-sonarr\Major.Crimes.S03E06.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION[rarbg].
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

The remote path you were using before was correct, it was the path that uTorrent was reporting and the host was correct because you could see Sonarr translating the path, you just had the wrong local path.

HOUSTON I BELIEVE WE HAVE LIFT OFF.

no errors in the last 20 min, looking good.
Can’t express how grateful I am.
Finally getting my head wrapped around this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.