"Release Rejected: Series Unknown" when missing year in release name

Server 1:
Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5344
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 6.8.0.105
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

Server 2:
Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5344 (in linuxserver/sonarr docker container)
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.20.1.34
Debug logs: https://pastebin.com/U2wFkRSy
Description of issue:

I have two similar servers as per above. Server 1 is an installation I have had for a while and is an apt-get installation on Debian, and the other is a brand new installation via Docker on Openmediavault. The main difference I can see is that Server 1 has a new Mono version.

The following happens on all series (not just the grand tour, but for all series)

On server 1 I have added Amazon’s ‘The Grand Tour (2016)’ as one of my series. If I do a manual search on S04E02 I get about 40 releases and all are downloadable (i.e. they have the little download icon). This is the behaviour I would expect.

On server 2 if I have also added the same ‘The Grand Tour (2016)’ . If I do a manual search on S04E02 I get the same 40 releases but the majority of them are “Release Rejected: Unknown Series.” The two releases that are downloadable start with:
The.Grand.Tour.2016.S04E02...

The 38 that are not downloadable start with:
The.Grand.Tour.S04E02...

i.e. the difference is that the downloadable ones include the series year in the release name.

I see lots of requests to override this behaviour (which I see has implemented in v3), but what I don’t get is why Server 1 works perfectly and Server 2 does not. They are using the same indexer, I have checked that the config is identical. I understand that there are multiple shows called “The Grand Tour” so the scraper is getting confused on Server 2, but AFAIK I have never had to specify which show it refers to on Server 1.

Log files are attached but it doesn’t seem to show anything useful, just lots of:

20-12-28 13:28:23.3|Debug|ParsingService|No matching series The Grand Tour
20-12-28 13:28:23.3|Debug|DownloadDecisionMaker|Release rejected for the following reasons: [Permanent] Unknown Series

Any ideas?

OK, figured it out! I noticed that on Server 2 the series hadn’t been tagged/labelled with the series name. In System–>Tasks, I clicked on these three:
Refresh Series
Rss Sync
Update Scene Mapping

Once I returned to the series I saw that it had been tagged/labelled and then a manual search revealed the correct downloads. So it is all working as expected now!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.