Release Group Unrecognized with Manual Import

Hello,

I am currently formatting Anime in Sonarr with the following format to be sorted:

• {Series Title} S{season:00}E{episode:00} - {absolute:00} - [{ReleaseGroup} {Quality Title}]

When manually importing anime that was either downloaded and sorted with Sonarr or downloaded separately I was having trouble getting the rename functionality to work properly. Using the “Preview rename for all files” button on the series, it would show me in preview that my show would get renamed like this:

• Anime Show S01E01 - 01 - [Sonarr 1080p].

I notice that Sonarr is unable to detect ReleaseGroups unless they have the [Release Group] appended to the beginning of the name (e.g… [HorribleSubs] Noragami S01E01 1080p). Given that I’m using Sonarr’s Episode Naming I would like it to also be able to manually import it back and recognize that variable.

Is this something that can be handled in the parser?

Release group parsing is strict, there isn’t a way around that, though we could probably determine that your naming convention won’t do you any good parsing it back later (its something we’ve discussed before).

Parsing release group works if it comes at the end of the filename, after a dash (-) or if its at the beginning or the end of the file name in square brackets, that that may differ slightly based on the format used.

Hi Markus,

As mentioned I had changed the format to adhere to the strict parsing. Results below to changing my episode naming format:

[RlsGroup] at beginning: (Working)

[RlsGroup] at end: (Not working)

[RlsGroup] at end w/Dash before (-): (Not working)

Hi Markus, let me know if there is any update on this. Thanks

Sorry, I ran some tests and can confirm the behaviour you’re seeing. I also looked at correcting it, but at the moment there are some complications that prevent us from supporting it.

This is something we’re going to need to look at in the future:

Understood, thanks for opening the issue ticket for the future :blush:

Hi Markus,

Revisiting this issue I had been playing around with naming formats and actually found that the functionality may already be supported by Sonarr. When placing {RlsGroup} at the beginning it seems to pick it up from the already formatted file even though its a [{RlsGroup Quality.Title}].

Just thought I’d upload in case it could help with the bug, otherwise thanks for taking a look.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.