Re-create Folders

I use Sonarr to grab the latest Season of what’s on. Once the season is complete, I shift the episodes outside of Sonarrs reach as I want to keep my library separate from any automation.

The area I’d like to focus on is the empty folders, I remove them to see clearly what shows are ‘currently showing/being grabbed’, which is fine until a few months later when a new season airs.

The import gets stuck at “/x/y/z/Showname” not existing, I can add the required directory manually, but would prefer this just happening. Would it be possible to implement Sonarr to just (re)create it like it had when I first added the show?

It will create it if it doesn’t exist and there is something that needs to be imported for that series if that’s failing its because something is preventing Sonarr from creating it. The logs should give some indication why it’s failing.

I didn’t see it trying, perhaps I need more detailed logging, will try applying the next time.

Couldn’t import episode /share/Download/transmission/completed/sonarr/Fear.the.Walking.Dead.S02E08.720p.HDTV.x264-AVS[rarbg]/Fear.the.Walking.Dead.S02E08.720p.HDTV.x264-AVS.mkv: Root folder ‘/share/Download/@TVMweh/Fear the Walking Dead’ was not found

http://pastebin.com/JjKHBZ48

Thislooks like your folder structure is wrong:

Root folder '/share/Download/@TVMweh/Fear the Walking Dead' was not found.

The root folder should not contain the series folder as that would be the folder created by Sonarr. In this case your root folder would be /share/Download/@TVMweh/, the series folder would be Fear the Walking Dead making the full path the one in the error. Check the settings of that series to see what the full path is.

I see.

/share/Download/@TVMweh/Fear the Walking Dead/

So I think this is what has happened.
I have 2 root folders /s/d/@TV and /s/d/@TVM – one for shows I’m watching the other for just acquiring.

At some point I think I dropped the show and shifted it from @TV to @TVM and then edited the series to have the above folder, while what I should have done is just set it to /s/d/@TVM – so that the ‘show_title’ folder would be in the hands of Sonarr.

If you edit the series path it needs to contain the series folder in it as well, if you use series editor to edit multiple series then you pick the root folder and Sonarr calculates the series folder.

This said, if I look at more recent shows I have added and look to edit it’s folder it shows the full path.

/share/Download/@TV/Orange (2016)/

Right, so I think I edited Fear The Walking Dead to contain this full path at halfway through Season 2 stage. Moved out the episodes, deleted that folder, changed the show to contain what it now has.

When the show resumed, it couldn’t recreate the folder.

No, there’s definitely room for improvement here:

Show folder which I removed at the end of last season:
/share/Download/@TVMweh/The Strain/

If I try to change it to: /share/Download/@TVMweh/ so that it could recreate the “The Strain” folder that I removed as you suggest, then I’m faced with: Path is already configured as a root folder

& so it’s a failed import, I won’t fix it right away in case you have other suggestions to test/try.

That is not what I suggested. When editing a series the path is the path to the series folder, including the series name.

The error for walking dead mentions that the root folder (and gives the full path to what should be a series folder) doesn’t exist which tells me the root folder for that series is wrong and the series folder has The Walking Dead in the path twice.

What do the logs show now when importing?

This time round:

Couldn’t import episode /share/Download/transmission/completed/sonarr/The.Strain.S03E01.WEBRip.x264-NOGRP[ettv]/The.Strain.S03E01.WEBRip.x264-NOGRP[ettv].mp4: Root folder ‘/share/Download/@TVMweh/The Strain’ was not found.

http://pastebin.com/aNL6ekMS

The problem is the same. Under Mweh has The Strain at a point, removed, now when it’s wanted, it doesn’t get re-created.

If you go to edit the series The Strain what is in the path input box? Or better yet what path is shown on the series details page for The Strain?

/share/Download/@TVMweh/The Strain/
for both instances.

Oh, we have a winner. The trailing slash is causing the issue, it causes the root folder to be set to the series folder instead of the actual root folder. I didn’t clue into that before when you posted the full path before, but I see the issue now.

Should be able to get a fix out tonight (to develop).

1 Like

Sweet! :smiley: I love it when a plan comes together…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.