Rarbg/Rartv renaming issue

Seen this pop up a few times the last few years but the threads have been closed and not sure if there’s ever been a resolution.

Been finding that torrents from rarbg aren’t getting imported. I noticed the actual torrent and folder has [rarbg] and the end however Sonarr is looking for [rartv].

Anyone experiencing this too? I think it more has to do on rarbg’s end but all my searches brought me here.

Any help is appreciated.

Please fill out the template you excluded, this shouldn’t be an issue in newer Sonarr versions, but also might depend on the download client.

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.9.1549
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Description of issue:

Here’s the best example:
Godfather of Harlem, S03E06 - Sonarr grabbed this: https://rarbg.to/torrent/c2nw4y8 which is labelled with [rartv] but the actual torrent is labelled with [rarbg] when it’s imported in to Deluge (v2.1.1).

So I get this:
2023-02-26 01:17:29.7|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: V:\Downloads\Godfather.of.Harlem.S03E06.Spooks.1080p.AMZN.WEBRip.DDP5.1.x264-NTb[rartv]. Ensure the path exists and the user running Sonarr has the correct permissions to access this file/folder

Because the actual path is V:\Downloads\Godfather.of.Harlem.S03E06.Spooks.1080p.AMZN.WEBRip.DDP5.1.x264-NTb[rarbg]

Again, pretty sure this is a fault of rarbg mis-naming the torrents, Sonarr is doing what it should. Not sure if there’s any automatic work-around that Sonarr or a script can do to rename these folders to they match up… or just don’t use rarbg, which is becoming more trouble than it’s worth.

I recall this being an issue in some versions of qbittorrent. It’s something to do with the torrent client reporting the name of the torrent as if it’s the folder path or the other way around, while the path on disk is different so sonarr cant find the file to import it. Looks like the same thing.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.