Quality Max Size Limit - Not correct?

Hi,

I am running 3.0.6.1277-ls183 via docker.

I am trying to understand how the quality size limits work in Sonarr. To test it I changed Bluray-1080p to min 4 and max 37.

When I hover over the max it shows

Maximum Limits

30 Minutes: 1.1 GB
45 Minutes: 1.6 GB
60 Minutes: 2.2 GB

I then went to download a Bluray-1080p release and it shows the below.

10.9 GB is larger than the maximum allowed 8.7 GB (for 120min)

If the max shows 2.2GB/HR and this show is 2 hours, how is it calculating 8.7G is the max? Shouldn’t it be 4.4GB max?

Trying to make sense of it, thanks for any help!

Was it the first or last episode in a season? Those are allowed to be double the max size, because premieres and finales can be longer or double episodes :slightly_smiling_face:

Hmm, I wasn’t aware of that. Yes, it is E01.

However, the runtime is outlined on TVDB, shouldn’t that override?

Is there someway to temp disable that rule?

No way to disable.
I think sonarr only looks at the runtime at series level on thetvdb, not individual episode runtimes, but a dev can chime in to confirm.

1 Like

Maybe add a toggle to disable this, especially since it’s a rare case anymore where encoders actually combine both episodes into one single file. I was wondering why the season final for Charmed was over 700 megs when much smaller files are available.

Not really the encoders, but just series itself that make longer premieres/finales. So it’s not two episodes encoded in a single file (which should be called something like S01E01E02), but really just a single episode that has a longer runtime.

I don’t see the devs adding an option to disable to be honest, as long as it’s not feasible/possible to get individual episode runtimes from thetvdb api.

Just a bit annoying cause I had two episodes in the last two days download at over 700 megs each and both episodes ran under 42 minutes with the below settings for all quality definitions.

Min 4.7 / 282.0 MB for a hour show
Max 9.5 / 427.5 MB for a hour show

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.