Quality getting downloaded isn't quality listed for series

Sonarr version (exact version):
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
((Debug logs)):
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)
Description of issue: I’ve recently migrated to sonarr from sickbeard. I had a few hiccups along the way, but everything has gone relatively painless. I have witnessed a “odd” characteristic lately which I’m not certain what the problem could be. I had sickbeard rename all my episodes to include quality before adding the directories to sonarr. In sickbeard, I typically would initially set all qualities to SD, and if it had trouble finding something, I would change the quality to maybe HD or any etc. So my library has mixed qualities. Now, in sonarr, I added all my shows and set all of them with a quality of SD (which has SD, webdl-480p, and dvd). A show that aired last night was downloaded as SD (as expected), but then this morning, it downloaded the same episode but in 720P. I went back into the settings for the episode and verified that it was indeed set to SD. What would cause the behavior to also search for 720p when that isn’t even an option for that series? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Short answer, it wouldn’t.

We’d need to see ((debug logs)) of the RSS Sync and the grab of it to investigate further.

Also make sure the profile wasn’t updated to include non-SD qualities (since they are all editable).

Thanks Markus, I’ve gone through everything and best I can tell…everything is right. Again, a different show this morning did the same thing. This time the bachelor (don’t judge, it’s for my wife). All the settings reflect SD, I haven’t changed any of the settings. However, again, it downloaded in 720p. I have attached a couple of pictures of the settings and the results it downloaded. Yesterday, when you mentioned debug log, I turned that on, so it should have captured downloading the bachelor. Where do I get that to attach it for review?

I think I have found the portion of the log pertaining to downloading the bachelor series. However, I’m not sure how to upload a .txt document. If that’s not possible, how do I share the log for review? Thanks!

Edit: I think I found how to post it, see if this works:

https://1drv.ms/t/s!ArwIdkMbDUDpoCx7823To-qKNWnk

Those logs appear to show the import, so the decision to grab them has already been made, you’ll need to look a bit further back (depending on how fast it downloaded) to see the grabbed event for it. You can also check the history for the grab event as that may give some insight into what Sonarr saw, but we’ll still need those debug logs of the grab to get more details on it.

Markus, first…thank you again. Secondly…sorry, I shortened the debug log around what I thought was all info pertaining to that episode “grab”. I have attached the full document now at this link

https://1drv.ms/t/s!ArwIdkMbDUDpoC4dIT021tt0TyVY

Regarding viewing the history…the best I can tell is just the info above (top one) that I previously posted where it says “episode imported”. It clearly indicated it was a 720p video, so I either created a wacky scenario when I imported my existing library or have something set up wrong. Your continued patience is appreciated.

The import doesn’t use a profile, only the grab does. As long as the file to be imported meets or exceeds the quality of the file on diskit will be imported.

17-1-10 08:36:52.6|Debug|Parser|Parsing string 'The.Bachelor.S21E02.720p.HULU.WEBRip.AAC2.0.H.264-NTb'
17-1-10 08:36:52.6|Debug|Parser|Episode Parsed. The Bachelor - S21E02 
17-1-10 08:36:52.6|Debug|Parser|Language parsed: English
17-1-10 08:36:52.6|Debug|QualityParser|Trying to parse quality for The.Bachelor.S21E02.720p.HULU.WEBRip.AAC2.0.H.264-NTb
17-1-10 08:36:52.6|Debug|Parser|Quality parsed: WEBDL-720p v1
17-1-10 08:36:52.6|Debug|Parser|Release Group parsed: NTb
17-1-10 08:36:52.6|Debug|AcceptableSizeSpecification|Beginning size check for: The.Bachelor.S21E02.720p.HULU.WEBRip.AAC2.0.H.264-NTb
17-1-10 08:36:52.6|Debug|AcceptableSizeSpecification|Item: The.Bachelor.S21E02.720p.HULU.WEBRip.AAC2.0.H.264-NTb, meets size constraints.
17-1-10 08:36:52.6|Debug|CutoffSpecification|Comparing file quality with report. Existing file is WEBDL-720p v1
17-1-10 08:36:52.6|Debug|CutoffSpecification|Cutoff already met, rejecting.
17-1-10 08:36:52.6|Debug|LanguageSpecification|Checking if report meets language requirements. English
17-1-10 08:36:52.6|Debug|ReleaseRestrictionsSpecification|Checking if release meets restrictions: The.Bachelor.S21E02.720p.HULU.WEBRip.AAC2.0.H.264-NTb
17-1-10 08:36:52.6|Debug|ReleaseRestrictionsSpecification|[The.Bachelor.S21E02.720p.HULU.WEBRip.AAC2.0.H.264-NTb] No restrictions apply, allowing
17-1-10 08:36:52.6|Debug|QualityAllowedByProfileSpecification|Checking if report meets quality requirements. WEBDL-720p v1
17-1-10 08:36:52.6|Debug|QualityAllowedByProfileSpecification|Quality WEBDL-720p v1 rejected by Series' quality profile
17-1-10 08:36:52.6|Debug|MinimumAgeSpecification|Minimum age is not set.
17-1-10 08:36:52.6|Debug|RetentionSpecification|Checking if report meets retention requirements. 0
17-1-10 08:36:52.6|Debug|UpgradeDiskSpecification|Comparing file quality with report. Existing file is WEBDL-720p v1
17-1-10 08:36:52.6|Debug|DelaySpecification|Profile does not require a waiting period before download for Usenet.
17-1-10 08:36:52.6|Debug|HistorySpecification|Performing history status check on report
17-1-10 08:36:52.6|Debug|HistorySpecification|Checking current status of episode [3903] in history
17-1-10 08:36:52.6|Debug|DownloadDecisionMaker|Release rejected for the following reasons: [Permanent] Existing file meets cutoff: SDTV, [Permanent] WEBDL-720p is not wanted in profile, [Permanent] Quality for existing file on disk is of equal or higher preference: WEBDL-720p v1

The release is rejected for a couple reasons, including the quality not being wanted in the profile (expected), so where did the original grab come from? Either Sonarr didn’t grab it or it was named something different in the RSS feed when it was grabbed (the actual grab isn’t in those logs). Is SB Still running and queuing episodes?

Darn Markus…I’m sorry! Last night I had some episodes that Sonarr couldn’t find. I found them manually and downloaded via torrent. I created a drone factory folder and placed the episodes in there. Sonarr was having trouble identifying the episodes by their name. I tried renaming them a couple different ways, but it wouldn’t ever work; yet I could see it was looking at them in the logs. I then just opened sickbeard and turned of “search for NZBs” as I didn’t want it to search for anything. I then used the manual post processor and it processed them and moved them correctly. After you asked that question, I just remote logged into my server, and “search for NZBs” was still checked in sickbeard (I must not have hit save after I changed it), and after looking in the SB logs, I see where it snatched it. Geez, sorry for wasting your time!

1 Like

Heya,

I’m curious to know what your current size restrictions are for your SD profile? (minimum and maximum sizes for both 30 and 60 min episodes).

Marcus is right, it shouldn’t be downloading HD if you’ve only got SD selected in the profile.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.