Proper way to change database path on Windows

Sonarr version (exact version):
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

How exactly do i add parameter argument so that sonarr starts pointing at specified folder?

SC CONFIG Sonarr binpath= “N:\Applications\Programs\Sonarr\Sonarr.console.exe /data= N:\Applications\Programs\Data\Sonarr”

I tried this but the service wont start

Anyone? @Markus101? Am i using wrong syntax?
Trying to separate my OS with sonarr and radarr

Not sure if that’s the issue, but you put a space between /data= and the path.

1 Like

Thanks! Seems to work on radarr as well

Well i guess its not that simple after all. This morning i cant seem to open the web gui.
It just keeps spinning at the loading screen
Weird thing is that its not connecting to 127.0.0.1
what is 172.67.70.98:443 anyway?
I’ve tried giving login the sonarr service as Administrator

[v3.0.4.982] System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 172.67.70.98:443
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:line 111
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.ExecuteRequest(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookieContainer) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 123
at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute(HttpRequest request) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 59
at NzbDrone.Core.HealthCheck.Checks.SystemTimeCheck.Check() in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\HealthCheck\Checks\SystemTimeCheck.cs:line 28
at NzbDrone.Core.HealthCheck.HealthCheckService.<>c.b__11_0(IProvideHealthCheck c) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\HealthCheck\HealthCheckService.cs:line 77
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator2.MoveNext() at System.Collections.Generic.List1…ctor(IEnumerable1 collection) at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable1 source)
at NzbDrone.Core.HealthCheck.HealthCheckService.PerformHealthCheck(IProvideHealthCheck[] healthChecks) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\HealthCheck\HealthCheckService.cs:line 77
at NzbDrone.Core.HealthCheck.HealthCheckService.HandleAsync(ApplicationStartedEvent message) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\HealthCheck\HealthCheckService.cs:line 115
at NzbDrone.Core.Messaging.Events.EventAggregator.<>c__DisplayClass6_2`1.b__2() in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\Messaging\Events\EventAggregator.cs:line 119
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

Edit : i have to allow sonarr through firewall!
Perhaps the exe should include adding to firewall when ran?

Update:
Thought i’d put this here in case if im stuck again. a corrupted storage spaces drive caused my server to bsod, and both sonarr and radarr service refused to start. Thankfully the log is super helpful, it says the config.xml is corrupted. So i deleted it and voila sonarr starts again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.