Preferred words with dots - Solved

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.1.368
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.14.0.177
Debug logs: N/A - I think
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here. Post in .txt not .doc, .rtf or some other formatted document)
Description of issue:

A preferred word such as “dd5.1” is not evaluated. “dd5” can be used as a workaround.
I guess due to the way dots are used as delimiter in release names, and the way sonarr parses them.

possibly regex, maybe escape it and see if it works? dd5\.1

last comment i saw on matching was that it searched the entire string, including series title, so it shouldnt care about the . character

Didn’t realize that regex also works in preferred words, awesome.
/dd5\.1/i and /ddp5\.1/i did the trick.

The /i is not required if you use /DD5\.1/ for example, but I kind of already know that if I use that, there’s gonna be a release with dd5.1 in lowercase :smile:

Thanks!

/ddp?5\.1/i covers both cases in one shot, but as long as the release name has that period it should be handled properly, there would be an issue if it was dd5 1 though.

I realize this is a bit of a hijack (apologies,) but could you post your final preferred words config? I believe your solution may be something I would use. The only player that can handle lossless audio besides a computer is the shield, so prioritizing files with lossy audio is what I have been trying to target. Or if this is published somewhere else, perhaps this could be added to a FAQ ?

I went with markus’ suggestion and added /ddp?5\.1/i with a score of 100, and poked around a bith with https://regex101.com/ to create /[xh]265/i and gave that a score of 50.
I don’t know if it’s “cheaper” (processor-wise) to just create two entries x265 and h265 instead of the regex…

At the scale it’s executing it probably doesn’t matter one way or another, my gut says the combined one would be more efficient, but on the other hand, maybe it’s not.

/\b([xh].?265|hevc)\b/i would be better