Posters are missing titles

Working great here using Docker on Synology. Switched from the SynoCommunity package to docker and restored config, came up first time with no issues.

Only thing I’ve spotted with the new UI that could be improved is that for series without poster artwork, on the poster view it needs the title overlaid where the poster blank is rendered, otherwise you can’t see which show it is.

One other bit of feedback - I didn’t have “Replace Illegal Characters” set on v2 (can’t even remember if it existed in v2 :slight_smile: ) but it was set by default on v3 when I fired it up. So a bunch of shows (e.g., “Who do you think you are?” and “Long Lost Family: What happened Next”) were shown as ‘Missing’ because the folder name changed (e.g., it used to be “Long Lost Family- What happened Next”). I fixed by just using the series edit function and picking the correct folder.

Might be setup specific to me, but worth checking if this is the optimal default (to minimise support requests once v3 goes out as a wide release).

For now you have the option to show series titles, we’ll have to take a look at what we can do here though.

It was in v2, with the same default.

If you add shows (Sonarr will decide the folder name) instead of importing (Sonarr uses the folder name that already exists) then it may not match. Sonarr doesn’t change the series folder name based on that setting unless you use Series Editor to move it.

PS please open a new thread for issues instead of replying to an unrelated thread.

Thanks for sorting the new thread. Will do that for future bugs/feedback.

For the folder name thing, it wasn’t added shows or import. I literally just took my config restore, fired up sonarr v3 in docker, and pointed it at the same folder. During the initial v3 full scan, it marked some shows with ‘:’ and ‘?’ in the show title as ‘wanted’ when they existed on disk.

I guess either my ‘Replace illegal characters’ setting got lost in the upgrade or something. No biggie though, only took about 5 mins to fix.

There isn’t a scan when v3 launches for the first time and all series are stored in the DB along with most settings, including the Replace Illegal Characters setting.

Okay, I guess it was just the first scan after I upgraded to v3 then. I had no shows in my wanted/missing list. Basically I did this:

1. Unzip my v2 config/db into a folder
  2. Download v3 image and spin it up in Docker, pointing config to folder
  3. Wait for v3 to start.
  4. After it started up a whole bunch of shows which showed as missing due to folder mismatches because of illegal characters.

Shows that were affected were:

• Long Lost Family: What happened Next
  • Amazing Spaces: Shed of the Year
  • Who do you think you are?

The folders used to point to:

• Long Lost Family- What happened Next
  • Amazing Spaces- Shed of the Year
  • Who do you think you are-

I had to move them to point at the correct folders:

• Long Lost Family What happened Next
  • Amazing Spaces Shed of the Year
  • Who do you think you are

I did nothing else. So either the illegal chars setting didn’t migrate right or something else went wrong. Fixed in a few mins though. HTH.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.