Post processing variable show quality

Hi all,
i would really like the shows quality profile to be a post processing variable.

this might seem weird, and maybe im going about this wrong, but it seems small enough to request and here is the reason:
i miss a lot of downloads for my shows randomly through setting up the quality profiles for each show (i want to restrict some like anime and cartoons to SD quality). Yet these days many times shows only post in 1k or higher quality.

I want to set all profiles to grab all releases so i wont miss any releases, but still have a different profile name.
With a postprocessing script i want to transcode all files i download to HEVC, and also parse what profile name a release is associated with. i will transcode those to lower quality using ffmpeg.

this has 2 benefits. my entire library is in 1 format HEVC whatever i download AND I maintain full and precise control on the quality of every single show.

also, thank you for this amazing tool. I’ve been using it for many years now since the nzbdrone days and its been running 24/7 since, grabbing over 15k files to my userbase. Stable as ever.

The quickest solution would be to use the API, fetch the series and get the quality profile ID and then get that quality profile from the API as well (if you need the name, otherwise just base it off the ID).

I have not thought of that. The batch file wouldve been easiest by far, but i will take your advice.

I will create a node application and fire a post using the webhook connectino in sonarr.
in node i will contact the api. node is alot more powerful anyway and will easy my suffering in editing file extensions in batch =).

thank you for helping in the brainstorm!
i appreciate the fast resonse.

If anyone is interested in the script once its finished, hmu via PM and ill put it on github

thread can be closed

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.