Option to stick to a specific release group for a season

I’d like to have an option, which sticks to a release group for a season. Sometimes Sonarr downloads one half from group x and the other half from group y and it’s sometimes annoying because of difference in the quality. (mainly audio).

Manual workaround: use the restriction profiles in Settings -> Indexers -> (enable advanced settings) -> Restrictions.
Either “ban” a release group with “must not contain” or ensure a specific release group with “must contain”. Add a tag, apply the same tag to the series.

It’s what I do for a few, but mostly I just try to stick “bad” release groups in my overall restriction profile that applies to all series, to avoid having to micromanage too much.

I created a feature request for preference profile. This would solve your issue. The problem I see with this work around suggested here is that if for what ever reason it can not find a release group then the file doesn’t get downloaded. The preference profile feature would solve this. It would keep trying until the cut off is met and you would get a different version downloaded until then.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.