Option to Disable an Indexer

I would like to see an option to be able to disable an indexer (rather than to have to delete and adding it back all the time)
If I have reached my quota, I would like to disable it and enable another indexer instead.

Hmmm… To answer my own post; Maybe just disable RSS (and Search) would effectively disable the indexer?

Yes, exactly.

Now, if there just was some way to automatically enable/disable indexers at certain times of the day.
Is that something that could be added as a feature…?

If not, can enable/disable the indexers by windows command line commands (I could then use a batch file that is being called by windows scheduler)?

Not something we have plans to do.

You could use the API for it, though nothing is specifically documented for it, you can see how the UI uses the API and mimic it.

No clue how to do that… How can I see how the UI uses the API?
Is anything written up about this…?

What has been documented on the API is here:

You can use dev tools in your browser to see how indexer settings are saved, but because it hasn’t been documented we make no guarantee it won’t change unexpectedly (though we try to avoid that in a general sense).

A bit beyond me . . I don’t even know how to use the dev tools in the browser :cry:.
I guess that there is no tutorial or examples of how to do this?

Nothing for Sonarr explicitly, but there are lots of resources on how to use the dev tools, such as for Chrome: https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/network-performance/reference

Knowing what Sonarr does and making a request in a script aren’t exactly the same thing, but Chrome does have the ability to output cURL commands for requests in the dev tools.

Thanks! I tried it but it didn’t work. I will open a new Topic with this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.