Option to delay notifications

Did a search and didn’t see this, my apologies if it already exists. My feature request is to add a configuration item to notification profiles to delay notifications for x minutes after an episode is has been written to disk and completed.

I use sonarr on a cloud PC, it writes to local disk. I then have syncthing sync the files to my Plex servers. The issue the notification goes out before the files are synced, so Plex doesn’t pick up the new episode. On the Plex side, the storage is network wan attached, so telling Plex to “auto detect” new files doesn’t work as the disk is not local, and increasing the frequency of library scans isn’t an option as it causes too many api hits to my storage provider.

With many migrating to cloud based storage services and/or sync utilities I’d imagine this will be an feature some will want moving forward.

Thanks in advance for your consideration and thanks for asking such a kick-ass app!
Ed

1 Like

A delay option isn’t something we have planned, you’d be best off with a custom solution that waits for the sync to complete (can syncthing trigger a script once it’s complete?) and tells Plex to update it’s library.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.