Option to Analyze only on Import and Rename vs all episodes on every scan

Request: Option to Analyze only on Import and on Rename vs all episodes on every scan. This would help with long disc scans especially when media is stored on a cloud.

So when a file is being imported from a download client, the analyzing will help with renaming it correctly when using media tags.

The option already exists, but Sonarr doesn’t reanalyze every disk scan, it only analyzes them when it hasn’t imported the file already (including if it lost track of it and had to import it fro the series folder again) or if the schema we use to store it changes, though that is rare.

Thanks for the comment…

So after the initial disk scan and analyzing (i had to rebuild my server this weekend), it will not analyze the same media again on the next disk scan task ? Because it took a very long time to do so as I am storing it on the cloud.

Correct, it won’t do it every scan. It may do it on another scan in the future if Sonarr required it for some reason, but that wouldn’t be a regular thing.

Understood. Thanks a bunch.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.