Only few episodes get imported to their folder after download

so i noticed this happens when i download few seasons at once, what happen is, only 2-3 episodes would get imported to the destination folder, and the remaining will remain in the downloaded folder and fail to import, this happens with torrents

if i go to the show page, it shows the eps that didnt get imported as not downloaded altogether, tho it got downloaded just not moved

very odd

i cannot find anything baout the few missing episodes in queue history, it is like it never got downloaded although it did

still happening almost every time i download a season pack

ok i noticed in the log i get an error for the folder that does not import in full, i get this error in every season that doesnt import in full
17-9-15 00:40:39.1|Warn|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Non-sample file detected: [/volume/******]

going to wanted then manual import does import them afterwards…

not sure why its not working automatically…

We’ll need to see ((debug logs)) that cover the import of a season pack to see why some of the files were skipped.

i would love too, but i ran debug and i caught the error but there is 44 debug files when i woke up today, not sure which one i shold link as i am not sure at what time this happened exactly…too much text to find it

Check the history to see when they were imported and find the log file that covers that time period.

just downloaded 100 season 3, all episodes imported except ep 4, heres the log for it

https://pastebin.com/FurtuzAg

to compare, here is ep 5 in debug which seems to have completely different code (all other eps that did import have the same code as this)
https://pastebin.com/hBGrTchw

Do you have the full log the snippets show different parts of the process, specifically the one for episode 4 shows Sonarr checking if it should delete the folder after importing, not the import process itself.

yea, txt was too much for pastebin to handle tho, here you go, the full two debug logs for the issue

https://file.io/c7uQRq
https://file.io/dEqNqP

Getting 404 not found for both of those links.

Ya links expired

Can you pm your email so i can send you the files? Otherwise i will look for another upload site

Zip them and put them on dropbox/google drive/any other cloud provider and drop a link here.

here you go

Did you already have a file for The 100 S03E04?

I don’t see any errors trying to import that file, so it’s looking like the file was not imported for another reason, but it looks like we’re not logging individual rejections when a file won’t be imported (like we do when rejecting items during processing before grabbing).

We’ll have to add some logging for rejections at import time.

i had files for all episodes but i deleted them all to download season pack, i deleted them like 30 minutes or so BEFORE i started downloading the season pack

Deleted from within Sonarr?
I think the additional logging will help here, but that won’t be available until the next release of Sonarr.

no i didnt delete it within sonarr, just the files…but keep in mind only that one episode didnt import and the others did…and they all had the same treatment

Importing would depend on the quality of the file Sonarr knew about, since the file was deleted outside of Sonarr, Sonarr may not have know that it was removed, determined the quality wasn’t an upgrade to the existing file and skipped importing it, though I’m just making an educated guess because the logs didn’t confirm or deny that (due to the missing logging).

no it is not that, i suspected that before i made this thread and i ran some tests, even if the previous download was web dl 720 and i downloaded web dl 1080, it might not import it, it is completely random

I took another look at the logs, in this case it’s because the file you had is the same file in the season pack:

17-9-17 19:12:36.8|Debug|SameFileSpecification|'/volume1/Anime/The.100.S03.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-DRACULA/The.100.S03E04.Watch.the.Thrones.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-DRACULA.mkv' Has the same filesize as existing file

Because the file is the same size Sonarr didn’t attempt to import it. In your case the file was no longer there, but Sonarr wasn’t aware it was removed.

can you do something to remedy that? or do i have to update sonarr after the deletion ?