Only apply tags to certain qualities

Hi everyone, I posted the following question over on reddit, and it looks like the feature I’m looking for doesn’t exist at the moment.

In a nutshell, I’d like to be able to apply tags to specific qualities, so that the tags only apply at certain stages of a Profile.

Here’s the text of my request/question from my Reddit post:

Currently, there are a few shows I track using an HD-720p profile, with the cutoff being WebDL-720p, but will also download HDTV-720p versions, just with the cutoff being unmet.
Most shows will have HDTV releases quickly, and then the first round of WebDL episodes later in the evening or the next day. However, there are different WebDL sources, and I’d love for Sonarr to be able to make decisions about which WebDL source to meet the cutoff. Generally speaking, AMZN sourced files take an extra day or two, and I’d love for Sonarr to be able to apply an AMZN tag for Web-DL qualities only…
In general, I’d like for an HDTV version to be grabbed/completed, and then I’d like Sonarr to apply an AMZN tag to WebDL versions only, so that the cutoff is only met once an AMZN WebDL version is grabbed and completed (i.e. Sonarr passes on Web-DL’s until it finds a release that meets the criteria of my tag. The tag doesn’t apply to the HDTV download).

I don’t see there being a way to link them explicitly to a quality, that would get messy and confusing (another recent post here asked a similar thing).

Preferred words is currently the closest planned idea:

I too would prefer to download amazon rips as opposed to normal webdls

Radarr has a thing that let’s you “prefer” some tags over others. You can access them by going to your profiles and clicking on each profile (e.g. 1080p). If we had that with Sonarr, we could put “AZN” and “NF” into our preferred tags for profiles that allowed WEB-DLs.

2 Likes

I can definitely see linking tags to specific qualities getting messy, so I can understand the reticence to develop such a feature.

Thanks for the response anyways. Taloth gave me a great idea over on my Reddit post, which I’ll be implementing over the next week or so (hopefully it will clear up my request, in a round-about way).

Taloth’s suggestion worked well, I no longer have this feature request!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.