On-grab and EpisodeFile_Quality

According to the documentation, the on-grab event does not include the EpisodeFile_Quality variable. Is this still the case? I know there have been various discussions about the limitations of how Sonarr determines quality in a lot of particular use case scenarios and I know it has been said that there just isn’t a good way to improve it without over-complicating it and making it burdensome for support and development. That being said, if EpisodeFile_Quality was available on-grab I think that would at least give some people more options as far as that goes. In my particular case, I’ve asked about downloading 1080p-hdtv rips only from certain release groups but using tags would limit blu-ray downloads. Another recent issues is the variety of quality among WEB-DLs. Having EpisodeFile_Quality available to an on-grab script would give some more technically savvy users the ability to set their own ridiculously specific quality requirements.

EpisodeFile_Quality wouldn’t ever be set because there isn’t an episode file, but there is no reason why we can’t include Release_Quality there to match the On Download events. We’ll get that added.

Oh, yes, I see what you are saying in that regard. Thank you, I think that will be very helpful to me and others.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.