Old files not deleted when using offline storage

Hi

I have Sonarr and storage running on two seperate machines. When the storage server sleeps, Sonarr still downloads new episodes as i should. When the storage server wakes up, Sonarr imports the new episodes, but it does not delete the old episodes. If the storage server is online when a new episode is downloaded, the old one is deleted correctly.

By looking at the episode history, it seems as if Sonarr does not check if the episode is really deleted, and therefore continues to import the new episode once the storage server is online.

I have tried using a specific folder for recycling bin, but the result is the same.

Is there a workaround for this?

We’ll need to see ((trace logs)) of the import process as well as which version of Sonarr you’re using.

Hi

Sonarr Version 2.0.0.4949 running on Windows 10 Pro.

Trace log shows the following actions:

1. Downloaded WED-DL 480P EPISODE
  2. Replaced WED-DL 480P EPISODE with HDTV-720P EPISODE
  3. Put Storage Server to sleep
  4. Replaced HDTV-720P EPISODE with WED-DL 720P EPISODE
  5. Woke up Storage Server and waited for WED-DL 720P EPISODE to be imported

WED-DL 480P EPISODE was deleted, but HDTV-720P EPISODE was not. Leaving me with 2 different qualities.

Thanks for the info, turns out Sonarr was happily ignoring the fact that the storage was unavailable and treating the missing file as already being deleted. There will be a fix for this issue in the next release.

1 Like

Thanks, I look forward to that :slight_smile:

Update 2.0.0.5049 fixed the problem. Thanks :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.