NzbDrone.Host has stopped working (FIXED)

Sonarr version (exact version):
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
((Debug logs)):
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)
Description of issue:

I changed mobo/cpu but kept Windows 10 install, it was fresh the week prior from trying to diagnose issues. Now I can’t get Sonarr to run, install or uninstall, it gives the same error - NzbDrone.Host has stopped working. I deleted the ProgramData folder, same result.

This is the only program giving me issues.

Thanks for any help

Have you tried reinstalling Sonarr?
What do the log files show?

Yes, I’ve tried installing many times. I’ve deleted the entire program folder and tried again. There are no logs as the whole program isn’t installing, only the bin directory is in the program data folder.

I get the following each time I try to install.

So you’re running it on Windows 10? NZBDrone or as it’s now known Sonarr, though there’s still traces of the original name does use MONO which is a programming language. Allowing it to work on Windows, Mac and Linux. Sonarr is running on my modified ReadyNAS 516. You may have a issue with MONO on your Windows 10 computer.

Also, you said you chanced the Mobo and CPU, did you not Reinstall Windows? Because there can be differnt drivers and whatnot with the new stuff that is not fully compatible with the old stuff. In general you’re better off Starting with a fresh and installing Windows. Then installing the other software you need after.

I was having some issues with my NAS, I couldn’t update PLEX to delete programs I installed on it. I have a backup of my Data, so I just wiped it all, turned it into a clean new system. Then spent hours SSH into the NAS getting NZBGet, Sonarr and Radarr installed and auto starting on bootup. Then Plex and PlexPL, and installing about 12 Terabytes of Data which took a few days. Everything is running great now and as it should.

I ran NZBDrone on my Windows 10 PC back when it was still called NZBDrone, a couple years ago.

@JBDragon1 Lemme correct you there, Sonarr doesn’t use mono on windows.

Personally I think his .Net install is broken. But tough to say based on that error message. I’d try repair the .net framework 4.6 install.

1 Like

Fixed! Reinstalled .Net 4.7 and Sonarr installed fine.

Thank you!

That’s great that it’s now fixed. I knew something had to be wacky on your end.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.