Now that drone factor folder is gone

How does Sonarr handle files sitting in the download location if the destination folder is not there?

In my case I have Sonarr merrily downloading with transmission and NZBGet. Files are downloaded to the internal drive, then completed download handling moves them to an external HDD.

Occasionally I remove said HDD for a period of time. In the past drone factory scanning would have picked up the downloaded files when the HDD was plugged back in.

I understand the evil of the drone factory folder, but is there a way to automate ‘automatic import’ once the ‘folder missing’ error has been cleared?

Completed Download Handling works by querying the download client API, and gets the download temporary storage path from there. Then it tries to import every minute or so. Presumably if you have that external drive removed you’ll see errors popping up in Activity->Queue. But it’ll retry after a bit.

Ok awesome. It took a bit wangling of Transmissions settings, and adding a RequiredDir to NZBGet, and a cron script or three, but all it well in the world.

With the ExtHDD plugged in, everything works as it should. If the HDD is unplugged mid-download then eveything just stops until it is plugged back in. Then the downloads continue and all is well.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.