Not removing finished downloads anymore

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5228
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.8.0.108
Debug logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lv7e4alcvc3gzr7/debug_logs.zip?dl=0
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here. Post in .txt not .doc, .rtf or some other formatted document)
Description of issue:

Since a few weeks Sonarr is not removing downloads that are finished (100% and status paused) anymore.
It used to work fine before.
The option “Remove” in “Completed Download Handling” is activated.

Anyone has the same issue?

Trace logs would give a more complete picture as it should include the response from Transmission, but based on the logs the torrent was still seeding when Sonarr imported the file, though pausing later should still remove it.

Indeed that’s usually what I’m doing, pausing later on manually, and sonarr used to remove the downloads properly that way, but doesn’t anymore.

Radarr is still behaving like that, so I guess it’s not because of transmission.

I’ll try to produce trace logs.

How often will sonarr try to clean up finished downloads (even after importing)?

@markus101 here are some trace logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2wvpj9djfo4frsn/sonarr.trace.0.txt?dl=0

From what i can see in the response, the field “isFinished”:false may be the problem.
I have 2 torrents that are finished at 100%, paused manually after completion, but still shows this field as false:

• Robot.Chicken.S09E16.Hes.Not.Even.Aiming.at.the.Toilet.720p.AMZN.WEBRip.DDP5.1.x264-NTb[rarbg]
  • DuckTales.2017.S01E16.Day.of.the.Only.Child.1080p.AMZN.WEBRip.DDP2.0.x264-TVSmash[rarbg]

I’m not familiar with the Transmission RPC so i’m not sure if this isFinished status is coming from Transmission or from Sonarr.
What’s sure is that Radarr is able to remove files from the same Transmission instance once paused manually and completed.

I think i found the change that introduced this behavior:

The condition changed to evaluate if a download can be removed. With the recent change, the seed ratio is also checked against the target ratio.
This introduces a regression compared to the previous version, when a download is finished and paused manually, it will never be removed.

It seems to be linked to a new feature which i wasn’t using yet.
I did set it up on the indexers where i don’t need ratio.

Updating the seed ratio of the completed torrents did the trick, Sonarr is removing them properly.

It should work going forward with the seed ratio per indexer correctly set, so you can consider this issue solved.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.