Not a preferred word upgrade for existing episode when score is higher

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.9.1549
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 6.12.0.182
Debug logs: https://hastebin.com/mewosadoze.apache
Description of issue:
Sonarr does not seem to be replacing an episode with a higher score (as far as I understand it, which could be wrong). Trace logs show the download being grabbed, but it does not actually import the episode due to the error “Not a preferred word upgrade for existing episode files(s)”
I do have “Propers and Repacks: Prefer and Upgrade” set.
The trace shows it’s calculating the score for the existing episode at 0 based on the filename, and the score for the grabbed episode with REPACK in it at 324. If it’s purely score based, then shouldn’t it upgrade?
On a related question, if I have “Prefer and Upgrade” set, (using torrents) and it sees an upgrade to the point of adding it to the download client, then shouldn’t it also recognize that that episode was grabbed as an upgrade and import it without failing at the step “not a preferred word upgrade” when it recognized it enough to add to the download client?

Consolidate all your h265 ones into a single regex of /(x|h[ ._-]?265|hevc)/i you’re double scoring things

https://trash-guides.info/Sonarr/

320 < 324 the reject is correct

2022-09-12 11:49:59.2|Trace|PreferredWordService|Calculated preferred word score for 'The.Lord.of.the.Rings.The.Rings.of.Power.S01E02.Adrift.REPACK.2160p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.Atmos.HDR.HEVC-CMRG[eztv.re].mkv[eztv.re]': 320 (3 match(es))

Vs existing file

2022-09-12 11:49:59.5|Trace|EpisodeFilePreferredWordCalculator|Calculated preferred word score for 'the.lord.of.the.rings.the.rings.of.power.s01e02.repack.hdr.2160p.web.h265-ggez': 324 (4 match(es))

Propers and repacks are v2 of qualities and Trump preferred words as the FAQ and docs note

bah. Thank you for pointing that out. I apparently missed that it was scoring the existing episode higher in the log. was too focused on the lower section.

Thank you also for the link to trash guides. Reading over it now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.