No connection because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:1080

Sonarr version (exact version)****: 2.0.0.5343

Debug logs:**

20-8-2 15:06:36.1|Warn|Newznab|Unable to connect to indexer

[v2.0.0.5343] System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:1080
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.ManagedHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\ManagedHttpDispatcher.cs:line 117
   at NzbDrone.Common.Http.Dispatchers.FallbackHttpDispatcher.GetResponse(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookies) in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\Dispatchers\FallbackHttpDispatcher.cs:line 53
   at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.ExecuteRequest(HttpRequest request, CookieContainer cookieContainer) in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 121
   at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Execute(HttpRequest request) in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 57
   at NzbDrone.Common.Http.HttpClient.Get(HttpRequest request) in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Http\HttpClient.cs:line 264
   at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.Newznab.NewznabCapabilitiesProvider.FetchCapabilities(NewznabSettings indexerSettings) in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\Newznab\NewznabCapabilitiesProvider.cs:line 62
   at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.Newznab.NewznabCapabilitiesProvider.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<GetCapabilities>b__0() in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\Newznab\NewznabCapabilitiesProvider.cs:line 35
   at NzbDrone.Common.Cache.Cached`1.Get(String key, Func`1 function, Nullable`1 lifeTime) in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Common\Cache\Cached.cs:line 81
   at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.Newznab.NewznabCapabilitiesProvider.GetCapabilities(NewznabSettings indexerSettings) in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\Newznab\NewznabCapabilitiesProvider.cs:line 35
   at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.Newznab.Newznab.get_PageSize() in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\Newznab\Newznab.cs:line 23
   at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.Newznab.Newznab.GetRequestGenerator() in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\Newznab\Newznab.cs:line 27
   at NzbDrone.Core.Indexers.HttpIndexerBase`1.TestConnection() in C:\BuildAgent\work\5d7581516c0ee5b3\src\NzbDrone.Core\Indexers\HttpIndexerBase.cs:line 334

20-8-2 15:06:36.1|Warn|NzbDroneErrorPipeline|Invalid request Validation failed: 
 -- Unable to connect to indexer, check the log for more details

Description of issue:
About a month or two ago, NZB Geek just stopped working. When I test the indexer from within Sonarr settings, I get: Unable to connect to indexer, check the log for more details. Log is posted above. The issue seems to be: “No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:1080”

I’m not sure where to go from here. I’ve turned off my VPN. Disabled all firewalls possible. Checked TLS settings. Even used netstat command to see if anything else is running on that port and nothing.

Any guidance or help is greatly appreciated!

127.0.0.1:1080 looks like it could be a proxy, check the proxy settings in Sonarr to start (then IE 11 as well).

@hiward This started happening to me a few days ago as well. Were you able to fix this?

I did get it working, however I’m not exactly sure what I did. I was messing around with the proxy settings a few different times. Ultimately I shut down Sonarr, then restarted and it connected.

1 Like

Shutting down instead of restarting worked for me as well lol

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.