Newly mounted directory not visible or selectable in Sonarr

I’m running Sonarr in an Ubuntu 16.04 container. I wanted to setup a recycle bin, so I created a new folder on the smb share that sonarr uses called “trash.” I can view this folder in Windows Explorer on a separate laptop, with WinSCP on the sonarr container, and with PuTTY on the sonarr container.

For whatever reason though, it is not visible in the folder picker of sonarr, when trying to select a recycle bin path.

After adding the trash directory, I tried restarting sonarr, and when that didn’t work, I tried rebooting the entire container. Still the same result.

The smb share is auto mounted when the container launches and trash is located within the same mount used for TV Series storage, so I know the mount and permissions are working.

Are the permissions of the trash subfolder different than older folders under the SMB mount?

SSH in as the user running Sonarr and run ls -l to confirm.

ls -l confirms that the trash directory has sufficient permissions under the user running sonarr: drwxrwxr-x 2

Offhand I’m not sure, but we may filter out the trash folder because it’s a common reserved folder name. If you rename it to something else can you see it?

I typed the path to /media/trash/ manually, and files were successfully moved there, even though it still would not show up in sonarr.

I also tried changing the name to /media/garbage/, but that didn’t make it show up in sonarr either.

trash is excluded (special folder name under macOS it seems), garbage should show up though. Since it worked when manually entering it wasn’t anything other than it being excluded because it’s a special folder.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.