Newest Sonarr package stops after starting

Sonarr version: SynoCommunity package 20180303-13 (v. 2.0.0.4472?)
Mono version: 5.8.108-11
Debug logs:

Starting nzbdrone command env PATH=/usr/local/mono/bin:/volume1/@appstore/nzbdrone/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/syno/sbin:/usr/syno/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin HOME=/volume1/@appstore/nzbdrone/var LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/volume1/@appstore/nzbdrone/lib /usr/local/mono/bin/mono /volume1/@appstore/nzbdrone/share/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe

Description of issue:

After upgrading the Sonarr package to its latest version, it fails to start. When I run the package, its status changes to “Starting”, but a few seconds later it changes back to “Stopped”.

I tried uninstalling Sonarr and Mono and reinstalling from scratch, but the same issue occurs. I also tried manually installing a different Mono version before installing Sonarr, but this specific Mono version is always installed, regardless of what version I have installed beforehand.

Synology package info:
https://synocommunity.com/package/nzbdrone
https://synocommunity.com/package/mono

I don’t know where on synology the console log gets written, but you’ll have to check that to see why it’s not starting.

There are logs here: /usr/local/nzbdrone/var/.config/NzbDrone and /volume1/@appstore/nzbdrone/var/.config/NzbDrone. The same two files are present in both locations: nzbdrone.log and nzbdrone_install.log. The text of the former is what I included in the OP.

Is there another log file I should be looking for? Where is it normally located on a Linux install?

Presumably the nzbdrone.log is purely the so called ‘standard out’ (stdout) stream and might not include the errors ‘standard error’ (stderr) stream. Otherwise it wouldn’t terminate so abruptly.

But you can run sonarr in a terminal. could be

env PATH=/usr/local/mono/bin:/volume1/@appstore/nzbdrone/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/syno/sbin:/usr/syno/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin HOME=/volume1/@appstore/nzbdrone/var LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/volume1/@appstore/nzbdrone/lib /usr/local/mono/bin/mono /volume1/@appstore/nzbdrone/share/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe

based on the log you provided.

Thanks, now I see what’s going on. Mono is broken:

admin@DiskStation:/usr/local/mono/bin$ ./mono --version
Segmentation fault

Ever seen anything like this before? I suppose I should try to take it up with the Synocommunity people somehow.

That likely means that your mono install is simply corrupt, or other potential causes such as damaged memory.

Right, something must be wrong with the mono package for my NAS’ CPU, since everything else on the NAS runs fine, and I haven’t seen other reports of the problem. I have installed/uninstalled the package multiple times. I reported it in SynoCommunity’s tracker, but I am struggling to to get them to understand the problem :confused:

Just wanted to follow up that it works fine on DSM 6.2.x. Something about this package must be making assumptions about the OS that fail in 6.0.x. You can mark this as solved. Thanks for the help.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.