Newer Mono version not picked up

Sonarr version: 2.0.0.4928
Mono version: 4.4.1 according to the Sonarr status page, 5.0.1.1 installed

Description of issue:

On the Sonarr status page I get a health message stating that I should upgrade my Mono from 4.4.1 to a higher version to prevent issues with indexers / downloaders.

I’ve downloaded the latest mono for MacOS and installed it. If I check the mono version via the command-line, I see it is pointing to the latest.

MacMini:~ admin$ mono --version
Mono JIT compiler version 5.0.1.1 (2017-02/5077205 Thu May 18 16:11:37 EDT 2017)
Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
	TLS:           normal
	SIGSEGV:       altstack
	Notification:  kqueue
	Architecture:  x86
	Disabled:      none
	Misc:          softdebug 
	LLVM:          yes(3.6.0svn-mono-master/8b1520c)
	GC:            sgen (concurrent by default)

Still, even after restarting Sonarr, it keeps telling me to upgrade mono from 4.4.1 to something newer.

Any idea how to overcome this issue?

Thanks!

What version does Sonarr show installed on System: Status?

It’s possible you have multiple versions installed, Homebrew and the .pkg from http://www.mono-project.com/download/#download-mac Depending how Sonarr is being started it may be using a version you didn’t update.

System status shows 4.4.1.

I did first try to upgrade by installing via homebrew. When that did not work I uninstalled via homebrew and installed it manually with the .pkg I downloaded from mono-project.

How can I find out which mono installation (and location) Sonarr uses?

Where is Sonarr running from? (Startup directory) on System: Status.

which -a mono might give you all locations, though I’m not sure how that works under macOS.

which -a

Pardon the stupid question. :flushed:

Turns out I needed to reboot the mac for some reason. Just killing Sonarr and restarting did not make it pick up the new version. Probably has to do with some background mono service or so.

And … @markus101 … Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.