Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):5.20.1.34
Debug logs:

Component Message Time
Component Message Time
DownloadDecisionMaker No results found 19:01
NzbSearchService Searching 6 indexers for [MasterChef (BG) : S05E28] 19:01
SeasonSearchService Season search completed. 0 reports downloaded. 18:56
DownloadDecisionMaker No results found 18:56
Torznab KickAss Torrent server is currently unavailable. http://192.168.0.100:9117/api/v2.0/indexers/kickasstorrent/results/torznab/api?t=tvsearch&cat=5030,5040&extended=1&apikey=(removed)&offset=0&limit=100&q=MasterChef%20Bulgariq&season=5 The operation has timed out.: ‘http://192.168.0.100:9117/api/v2.0/indexers/kickasstorrent/results/torznab/api?t=tvsearch&cat=5030,5040&extended=1&apikey=(removed)&offset=0&limit=100&q=MasterChef Bulgariq&season=5’ 18:56
NzbSearchService Searching 7 indexers for [MasterChef (BG) : S05] 18:54
RssSyncService RSS Sync Completed. Reports found: 275, Reports grabbed: 0 18:48
DownloadDecisionMaker Processing 275 releases 18:48
Torznab Indexer zamunda rss sync didn’t cover the period between 10/2/2019 4:00:00 PM and 10/2/2019 4:00:00 PM UTC. Search may be required. 18:48
RssSyncService Starting RSS Sync 18:48
DownloadDecisionMaker No results found 18:46
NzbSearchService Searching 7 indexers for [The Farm (BG) : S05E22] 18:46
SeasonSearchService Season search completed. 0 reports downloaded. 18:45
DownloadDecisionMaker No results found 18:45
NzbSearchService Searching 7 indexers for [The Farm (BG) : S05] 18:45
RssSyncService RSS Sync Completed. Reports found: 275, Reports grabbed: 0 18:32
DownloadDecisionMaker Processing 275 releases 18:32

Description of issue:

Hello,

A complete newbie here - overall great experience with sonarr and it is working as needed monitoring and automatically downloading most of the popular releases (Succession, etc…)

I have issues with couple of Bulgarian tv releases.

1. I posted into the scene naming form and alternative names were added.
  2. I can see the alternative name in Sonarr under each tseries itle, so looks like the mapping was successful.
  3. But when I try automatic or manual search, no releases are found and in the logs it looks like the search is only done with the original English name.
  4. If I try search through Jacket using the alternative names it finds the releases as expected. Also Sonarr is able to lookup these indexers for the other shows without issue.

I think I might me missing a step of how to configure Sonarr to use the alternative names in the search.
The two releases in question and exerpts from the log:

1. The Farm (BG) - alternative name (in Cyrillic): Фермата
  2. MasterChef (BG) - MasterChef Bulgariq.

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.

Regards,
Alf

You’ll need to look at the debug logs to see the exact query Sonarr made to the indexer(s). Sonarr will skip searches with non-English characters mainly for anime titles in Japanese, but applies to everything. If Sonarr isn’t searching for a particular alias because of that it’d be best to add releases outside of Sonarr and set the appropriate category so Sonarr can import them.

Sonarr will use aliases when matching results via RSS Sync/from the download client; it’s only an issue with searching.

Thanks Markus.
Checked the debug logs and you are right it does search for Farm only and ignores completely the cyrillic alias.
“it’d be best to add releases outside of Sonarr and set the appropriate category so Sonarr can import them.” - How would I go about doing this one? Is there a tutorial you could point me to?

Regards

No tutorial.

Add it to your download client like you would if you weren’t using any automation, then just set the label/category.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.