New user with fundamental download problems

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.6.1342
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs:
Description of issue:
New to this, so learning. I did this setup on a NAS and a Win 10 PC. Same issue. So lets focus on the Win 10 install.

I installed Sonarr and NZBGet (Yes it validated and logged on).
I added an index and that validated.

I searched for a series and it was found. I added the series. Latest series.
I see that it added the files to NZBGet to download. But it just seems to be hanging.
When I look at sonarr it says each file is :
"Episode is Downloading -9.2% "

This I would think should download rather quickly. I do not see it progressing at all.

Not sure how I can post the whole debug log. It is too large to fit. Looking for a method to do this.

I now see this in NZBGet:
“Connection to my.newsserver.com failed: Error 10060 - A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”

That’s nothing to do with Sonarr, so this forum is not the correct place to assist with this particular issue.

To point you in the right direction:
That’s an issue with NZBGet connecting to your usenet provider. Specifically a timeout error.
You can test directly from within NZBGet > Settings > Server Settings and then Test Connection for the server in question.

Once you get a Connection Successful result, then you can see if everything else processes properly. Until then, you need to figure out why you cannot connect to your provider.

I did a bit of google’in. Found this link.
https://forum.nzbget.net/viewtopic.php?t=2077

I agree this is a configuration on the NZBGet server. But any info on how to get and configure a newsServer would be beneficial. Even some info on what it is used for. I am still digging on my own. Looking for your support.

Ummm… Sounds like you’re a little cart before the horse? If you’re saying you are not aware of what a news server is for. Which I’m going to go out on a limb and assume that you actually don’t have a newsgroup provider then? This is something you will need to pay for. If the answer to this is no, then you need to stop and go waaaay back.

I would suggest perhaps starting here https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/wiki/faq
After you’ve read through that, hopefully you’ll have a better understanding of how the various usenet parts all work together. Any general questions, I would suggest posting on r/usenet.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.