New to Sonar but it seems to work, but a question

**Sonarr version 3.0.9.1549 **:
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs: N/A for this topic
Description of issue:

As stated new to Sonarr and I think I like what I see. Former or soon to be former Sickrage user.

I use Xspeeds for my source.

I was noticing today, for example, that one of my shows, setup and being monitored had the file available several hours before its air date. Is there a way to have Sonar to grab it when the monitored show pops into the RSS feed?

Another example, House of Dragon, aired ~2.5 hours ago eastern, has been available in xspeeds since 6:15pm PST, yet it just downloaded around 8:30pm PST.

Does Sonarr always wait until the time zones air time to go and search? is there a way to force it to grab things as they become available?

Another example, Blood and Treasure, its air time is 12AM September 4th, odd but that’s what it is. The episode and quality I have it set to has been available in the RSS feed since September 3rd at 11:05PM, yet Sonarr has never tried to search and grab it. So this afternoon I manually grabbed it.

And while writing this note I noticed a setting under the xspeeds indexer, I had not set the download client to qbit towards the bottom. Wondering if that’s why.

Perhaps I solved my own problem :slight_smile:

Sound about right?

I think this also explains why house of dragon had not yet downloaded. will have to monitor with next scheduled show.

Sonarr doesn’t search for episodes on it’s own outside of a couple scenarios which don’t apply here, how it finds episodes is covered in the FAQ.

https://wiki.servarr.com/sonarr/faq#how-does-sonarr-find-episodes

so yes, it does what I want, only concerned about future episodes.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.