New episode import fails - [Docker, NFS mounts, QEMU host]

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4949
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.0.1.1
OS: CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core) virtualized in Proxmox KVM.
Docker server:

Version:         1.12.6
 API version:     1.24
 Package version: docker-1.12.6-32.git88a4867.el7.centos.x86_64
 Go version:      go1.7.4
 Git commit:      88a4867/1.12.6
 Built:           Mon Jul  3 16:02:02 2017
 OS/Arch:         linux/amd64

((Debug logs)): https://pastebin.com/YLr6nytj
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)

Directory/file ACL’s and Fstab info: https://pastebin.com/7jYBNJDP

Description of issue:
At some point last week Sonarr stopped importing downloaded files from NZBGet and Deluge due to access denied errors, even though the accesses should be perfectly valid for the system to function. Sonarr is also able to edit and delete existing series with no problems.
I have tried to use Manual Import, Drone Factory and the default Downloaded Episodes scan to import the files, none works using either copy or move action. I have also tried to change file and folder ownerships to the user running the docker containers using UNIX ACL’s and different types of ACL’s. None of which has worked. Previously there were no problems, and I do not recall having made any changes to the file shares which should affect only Sonarr. (Only change that was done, was to fix some ZFS related issues on Proxmox and passthrough the SATA host controller correctly to freenas, but this was more than a week ago.)

NZBGet and Deluge are running in the same CentOS machine on different containers, but they utilize same filepaths for the download locations. There are no issues downloading files.

I have tried to start with a fresh container for Sonarr and to wipe all configuration files, yet the issues follow through. I don’t understand why only import function fails.

EDIT: For the sake of my sanity I have also connected to the Sonarr container as the user which runs mono, and I was able to perform rwx actions with no problems on the mounted paths. I was also able to move and copy the new episodes by doing this in the container with no problem.

Anyone? I am still entirely clueless why this is happening. I have changed to entirely new host as well in hopes of solving this but the issue remained.

I can only think the issue is either with the NFS share containing the target and source folders, but the user running mono and docker can read and write on them… or mono/sonarr uses some different credentials, but even then everyone is allowed read/write on the locations and yet, import just doesn’t work.

Also: I changed both download and the target folder ownership to match the linux user, but no change. All other containers continue operating normally after reboots and host change. (I dont have radarr to check if it has the same problem)

Aaaaaaand I have managed to solve the issue by changing from NFSv3 to NFSv4 and enabling NFSv3 ownership model. Either I am incredibly stupid or something needs to be reviewed in regards to NFS compatibility…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.