Never Generate Metadata (Per Show Setting)

Since it looks like metadata in other languages will never happen, a relatively easy feature to implement would be to have a per show setting where we could have Sonarr NOT generate metadata AT ALL for the show on import, daily refresh or when it downloads new episodes.

Let’s be honest, Sonarr is the best at searching/downloading so i would love to ditch Medusa for french shows and have everything in Sonarr but use tinyMediaManager for the metadata. It’s easy to monitor folders and when a new file is added, tmm runs in the command line to generate the metadata.

Would be great if we could have Sonar run a command after an episode is downloaded (like convert it to x265 and generate metadata with external programs) but i am not greedy. I just want a way to tell Sonarr not to generate that metadata.

Now i know the knee-jerk reaction is to say you need the metadata to know what to download but i have plenty of suggestions if that is the response… Makes it a bit more complicated but not that much…

Since it looks like metadata in other languages will never happen

What makes you say this is the case? TVDB’s api v3 doesn’t support it and v4 is a clustfucker and still not properly developed

what metadata are you talking about?

Sonarr does not generate metadata unless the user specifically and deliberately enables it

Would be great if we could have Sonar run a command after an episode is downloaded (like convert it to x265 and generate metadata with external programs)

Use a custom script…this is already supported

Doesn’t that prove my point???

The episode .nfo and tvshow.nfo

My title says Per Show Setting. I have 1950+ Shows but only about 100 in French. I cannot disable it for those 100 shows while keeping it enabled for the English shows

Didn’t know about custom scripts… thanks

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.