Need some scripting / API help

Hey all, I was hoping I could get some help from any scripting geniuses. Here’s what I’m trying to do:

I have the Plex DVR recording shows from IPTV and OTA signals. I also have Sonarr downloading better quality versions of these shows when they become available. Both the recordings and downloads are being sent to the same directories

I would like to have a script that is run whenever a recording completes. The script would trigger a series rescan to add the new recording to Sonarr. After that, it would do a Rename so that the new recording would fit the naming scheme I use for all my other Sonarr downloads.

I know that Tautulli can trigger the script through notifications. But I am having trouble figuring out the syntax for the script to do what I want.

I’m running Tautulli, Sonarr and Plex on macOS.

I found the following thread that does something close, but not quite … I’ve used this as a starting point.

Can anyone help with what I’m trying to do? Thanks!

@OneEyedWookie Just tagging you in this, in the hopes you might have some insight. I tried building something from your script but I’m not a programmer and it’s unfortunately a bit above my head.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.