Need help with permissions - Folder is not writable by user Sonarr

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5343
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 6.10.0.104
Description of issue: I’m using two Raspberry Pis : the first one is running Deluge and a samba share with an external HDD connected to it. The second Pi is running the Sonarr client. I want the downloading to happen on the first Pi running Deluge. I mounted the samba share that is running on the first Pi on the second one, and set up a remote path mapping. Whenever I try to add a series, I see only two options: select path and add a different path. Is the network path mapping I set up earlier supposed to show up here?

When I select add a different path and navigate to the same folder, I get a message saying ‘Folder is not writable by user sonarr’. I’m confused about how to change the permissions to fix this error. The network drive is mounted in the directory /mnt/samba and when I run ls -la, the permission shown is drwxrwx— . What should I change this to in order to make it work? I’ve had the same error show up for folders even with drwrwxrwx permission. Also, do I have to change permissions on both the Pi hosting the samba share and the Pi running sonarr?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.