NameResolutionFailure

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4689
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 4.6.2
((Debug logs)): https://pastebin.com/wFx3f9W9
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)
Description of issue:
I’m having some trouble with NameResolutionFailure.I’ve been trying to find a solution to this for the past three days but am unable to.
Everyone seems to think DNS issues but I don’t think it’s the case here. The problem is intermittent, and I can manually ping the URL successfully, hence the name is resolving properly with everything but Sonarr. Coincidentally I’m having the same issue with Radarr.

Some help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Everyone seems to think DNS issues but I don’t think it’s the case here.

99.9% chance that ‘everyone’ is correct. “NameResolutionFailure” literally means “I can’t resolve this dns domain name”.
In most cases this is either caused by a wobbly ISP DNS server or simply an internet connection that intermittently drops.
There are other potential causes, but there is no evidence that indicates that’s the case here.

ISP DNS can be ruled out as I’ve tried different public DNS servers as well.
It’s not my internet dropping because as I stated I’m able to test DNS successfully from the same device and all my other devices.

Can it have something to do with Mono? It’s interesting to me that Sonarr and Radarr which is based of the same code are having the same issue.

That theory only holds if Sonarr and Radarr are unable to resolve DNS continuously and when your testing at the exact moment that Sonarr is having problems.

Close enough to exact.
Point is moot though. Seems there’s a bug in Ubuntu 17.04 causing this.
Mono and by extension Sonarr and Radarr must be more sensitive to these kinds of failures.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.