Multiple torrents of the same episode

I’ve started to get double, or even triple torrents of any given show in transmission for windows. I’m aware there’s an option to include propers but should it be getting another two torrents after the initial one. If so, is there an option to deleted the previous torrents as the propers become available?

Also, going on the names of the torrents there is no indication that either are indeed a proper. So how is sonarr determining this? From the looks of it, its just another release but from a different group

Please include the required information, it could be any number of things, including quality upgrades.

Which information is required?

Sonarr version (exact version):
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
((Debug logs)) (posted to hastebin or similar):
Description of issue:

Excuse the brain fart. I obviously meant

what information*

Windows 10
http://hastebin.com/yiwibasibo.tex (I think that’s correct)

The description is above. I’m getting double or even triple torrents with no clear reason why. I resorted to turning off the getting of propers and it still occurs.

Thanks

Those look like info logs only.

But knowing which releases were grabbed (are they the same quality?) Would help, because it could be that the cutoff for the profile is just set wrong.

A screenshot of the activity for an affected episode will show that.

How do I screenshot activity for a single show? (Is the below what you were asking for?) Sonarr has got 4 files for a single episode of the highlighted show.

Click the episode name to open the info panel of that particular episode. Then go to the history tab. I think that’s what markus is looking for…
Hovering over the question mark will also give a clue why a particular file was downloaded.

Can you also take a screenshot of the quality profile that’s assigned to this series (Settings > Profiles)?

Is that what you were after?

There aren’t any imported episodes, so Sonarr sees them as missing, if you don’t want Sonarr to treat to look for another release and you don’t want Sonarr to try to sort them make sure Completed Download Handling is disabled.

Why doesn’t Sonarr know it’s already downloaded the torrent and it’s just waiting to be downloaded? This weird behaviour hasn’t always happened.

Would disabling “Completed Download Handling” stop the episodes being renamed and copied to my TV folder?

It doesn’t grab another copy if it knows its waiting to import something, which relies on it being able to communicate with the download client and get information from its queue, otherwise there is a 12 hour grace period if its not imported 12 hours after being grabbed it assumes the worst and imports it.

Yes, if you want them to import don’t disable it, but you’ll need to resolve whatever is preventing Sonarr from importing them.

So any idea why this is happening? As I said, this hasn’t always happened. It seems Sonarr is forgetting it’s already got the torrent for any given episode.

I always let Sonarr get the torrents, and then just let them queue up until I decide to download them. Generally at the end of the week. Now I have to make sure I’m not downloading the same episode multiple times.

Because they aren’t importing, its been this way for months at least. Likely only an issue now because things were posted multiple times.

Either make it so Sonarr can talk to your download client properly and see the items that are downloading/completed so it won’t grab them again because its in the queue still (even if it can’t import them) or disable Completed Download Handling and only enable it when needed or use manual import once you download the files.

How do I make Sonarr talk to my download client properly? It passes the test when I click the test button and it adds torrents to it so isn’t that it working correctly? I switched to transmission for windows when it came out and didn’t have these problems to start with.

For Transmission make sure files are in the correct subfolder, Transmission doesn’t have proper category support, so subfolders are used, if the subfolder doesn’t match the category set in Sonarr’s Transmission settings it won’t track the downloads.

If Transmission puts downloads in C:\Torrents and Sonarr has a category set as sonarr then the files Sonarr sends Transmission need to be in C:\Torrents\sonarr, which Sonarr builds using Transmission’s config (which it gets over the API) or set the directory explicitly (in Sonarr’s Transmission settings).

If you look at ((Trace logs)) you’ll see what Sonarr gets back from Transmission and can confirm that the issue is with the subfolder not being correct.

I save my downloads to D:\Downloads\Torrents and don’t use categories in transmission. Nor have I set any categories in the sonarr settings for transmission. Is that were you were referring to?

What should I be looking for in the trace log?

Yes, you should use a category if anything other than Sonarr is using Transmission, which will prevent Sonarr trying to process something thats not a TV release and filling up the logs with messages of it being unable to parse it.

You should see the list of downloads coming back and being processed by Sonarr (restart Sonarr to see the whole process), the items in Transmission should show in Sonarr’s queue otherwise something is breaking down and those logs will give a better indication why its happening.

No other apps are using tranmission, Just me adding random other torrents. Still advised to use categories?

I’ve only just enabled trace logs, so I’ll wait until tomorrow to see errors that occur with the torrents it gets tonight.

Yes, no harm in using them.