Multiple Paths for a TV Show

As my library continues to grow I’ve expanded my NAS storage, and now have seasons residing on multi-part series of disks. It would be genuinely helpful if i could add both paths to a show’s meta-data so NZBDrone was still aware of what i’ve already fetched vs what I need.

For example, I deploy a 500 GB drive to warehouse everything as I’m ‘getting started’ - my library grows and I now add a 2TB RAID to the setup. Season 1 of FALLING SKIES is on my 500GB drive, the remaining seasons are fetched to my 2TB RAID. After restoring the NZBDrone database after a failed upgrade, with the series pointing at the new filepath, nzbdrone has no record of my existing episodes and attempts to download them all over again.

We have no plans to support multiple series paths in drone at this time, while drone won’t know about them you can unmonitor them to prevent drone from downloading them.

You can also vote for: https://trello.com/c/kLTsJLJW/251-archived-status

It should be trivial for the OP to manually make sure that no individual TV series spans more than one hard drive.

Barring that, something like DrivePool or Drive Bender can “combine” multiple hard drives and make it appear as though you have one very large drive. My TV series are scattered across 10 3TB drives, but Windows just shows one huge 30 TB drive.

+1 to @Frito 's suggestion. I use unRAID. It’s great to just throw in a new drive when I need more storage and not have to worry about moving around my files (or matching drive types/sizes). My TV share now spans 3 2TB drives, but it started with just one.

+1 for drivepool, but if it’s separate NAS locations you’ll have a hard time currently. The makers of drivepool have alluded to something that’s in the works, “Product 3” I think it’s called, that will allow for network/ftp/cloud locations to be attached the the pool.

I’d also like to see multiple paths to the same series.

I keep separate paths for different source media types, e.g. d:\series-dvd, d:\series-bd, d:\series
I do not want my content for dvd’s and bd’s I own and ripped myself to mix with downloaded content, and I treat those files as read-only.

So unlike the OP, my need is not based on space considerations, it is based on a logical separation.
One option is to designate one path as the updateable path, and other paths are read only only, i.e. consider content as present but do not attempt to modify.

Any other way to do this?