Multiple Paths for a TV Show Episode - SOLVED

Windows 10.
Some of my Series are listing movies in the specials season. For instance “Ash vs Evil Dead” list “Army of Darkness” as “Ash vs Evil Dead - 0x03 - Army of Darkness”. I have “Army of Darkness” but it is on a different drive in my movie folders. I am able to get it to show up in my specials by creating a symbolic link to the movie file. I used powershell to open a administrator cmd prompt using the following command line in powershell: “Start-Process cmd -Verb RunAs”. This opened a cmd prompt with Administrator in the title bar. I used the “CD” command to change to the series specials folder (C:\Robs\Done\TV-C\Ash vs Evil Dead\Specials. NOTE Drive C:). From their I was able to create the link using the following command" mklink “Ash vs Evil Dead - 0x03 - Army of Darkness.mp4” “D:\Movie\Army of Darkness (1992)\Army of Darkness (1992).mp4” NOTE movie is on Drive D:.

This works perfect now, the is no longer a missing special for a movie I already have in another drive.

Then I wanted to see If this would work with folders as well. I moved “C:\Robs\Done\TV-C\Ash vs Evil Dead\Season 2” to “D:\Movie\Army of Darkness (1992)\Season 2” and ran the following command mklink /d “Season 2” “D:\Movie\Army of Darkness (1992)\Season 2” from the “C:\Robs\Done\TV-C\Ash vs Evil Dead” folder. It created a created a directory symbolic link named “Season 2”. I removed episode 1 and 2 then waited for Sonarr to update and show the episode were actually missing. Then moved the missing files to my “Torrent Black hole folder”. The files were copied to the “D:\Movie\Army of Darkness (1992)\Season 2” instead of moving. But that is OK because now my “Ash vs Evil Dead” series spans two drives without any issues.

I hope this helps someone else it was causing me grief looking for a solution.

Now on to the feature request.
1.) It would be nice if Sonarr would allow editing for each season in a series to change the path for that season.

2.) for series that list movies as specials it would be nice if Sonarr would ask for the path to the movies drive and folder.

We don’t have plans to support multiple series locations at this time, there are a number of alternative solutions to this problem with drive pooling software or in your case symlinks.

The use case for this is quite limited and I don’t see this as being something we’d do.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.