Multiple istances start order

Sonarr version (exact version):
all versions:
Debug logs:

[v4.0.0.352] NzbDrone.Host.TerminateApplicationException: Application is being terminated. Reason : Another instance is already running
   at NzbDrone.Host.SingleInstancePolicy.PreventStartIfAlreadyRunning() in C:\BuildAgent\work\13f3e374fa512e16\src\NzbDrone.Host\SingleInstancePolicy.cs:line 37
   at NzbDrone.Host.Startup.EnsureSingleInstance(Boolean isService, IStartupContext startupContext, ISingleInstancePolicy instancePolicy) in C:\BuildAgent\work\13f3e374fa512e16\src\NzbDrone.Host\Startup.cs:line 297
   at NzbDrone.Host.Startup.Configure(IApplicationBuilder app, IStartupContext startupContext, Lazy`1 mainDatabaseFactory, Lazy`1 logDatabaseFactory, DatabaseTarget dbTarget, ISingleInstancePolicy singleInstancePolicy, InitializeLogger initializeLogger, ReconfigureLogging reconfigureLogging, IAppFolderFactory appFolderFactory, IProvidePidFile pidFileProvider, IConfigFileProvider configFileProvider, IRuntimeInfo runtimeInfo, IFirewallAdapter firewallAdapter, IEventAggregator eventAggregator, SonarrErrorPipeline errorHandler) in C:\BuildAgent\work\13f3e374fa512e16\src\NzbDrone.Host\Startup.cs:line 216
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Span`1& arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor, Boolean wrapExceptions)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConfigureBuilder.Invoke(Object instance, IApplicationBuilder builder)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConfigureBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<Build>b__0(IApplicationBuilder builder)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.GenericWebHostBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass15_0.<UseStartup>b__1(IApplicationBuilder app)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Filters.MiddlewareFilterBuilderStartupFilter.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<Configure>g__MiddlewareFilterBuilder|0(IApplicationBuilder builder)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.GenericWebHostService.StartAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)

2023-01-15 13:22:24.7|Info|Bootstrap|Application is being terminated. Reason : Another instance is already running

Description of issue:
I have multiple istances of Sonarr running.
One for shows, one for subbed anime, one for dubbed anime
All have different folder and port, and all are working fine since i made them.
The only strange thing is that i have to launche them in the same order i made them, else they won’t start complaying

It was not a big deal until i switched to nightly
now, every morning i have only the third istance running, because when first and second tries to restrt for the update, they won’t, for the same error. I have to close the third then start all in the right order.

I tried to attach the sonarr.txt here. but the forum replied that i can attach only images.

Have you followed the wiki for multiple instances? I don’t know if the steps also apply to v4, but it’s certainly where I would start.

https://wiki.servarr.com/sonarr/installation#windows-multiple-instances

And the thread template indicated how and where to upload logs

https://wiki.servarr.com/sonarr/troubleshooting#logging-and-log-files

Only the first part
I was running the 3 istances from their own directory.
I meant, my 3 icons where launching the 3 differnt exe, and everything was working fine. Every istance was updating and reloading itself, and i had no need to relaunch then myself, nor to run a script with a scheduler.

That, until i switched to V4 nightly from V3

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.