Multiple Folders for a single Series help

Hi there, i’m just wondering if anyone has any advice in how to keep all the episodes of a TV show in one single top folder on my Array.

I select an entire season to download on Sabnzbd but rather than downloading into one folder and keeping my Array organised, it downloads each episode into its own single folder. Surely theres a better way to keep all episode of a TV series together in one folder.

For example, its currently doing this…

Archer.2009.S05.E03
Archer.2009.S05.E04
Archer.2009.S05.E04

all in their own individual folders. At this rate ill have thousands of single folders when all id really need is 100!

Can anyone help?

Hi Timmyrar84,

Can you show us your settings in “Media management”?

It also sounds like Sonarr isn’t sorting the files, but you have SAB extracting files to the same folder (root folder), it’s recommended to keep sorted and unsorted files separate.

As for the actual issue, check Activity: Queue to see why Sonarr isn’t importing them (hover over the icon on the left).

Tim, Would you be able to please run a “tree” in the Archer folder and show us what the output looks like?

You’ll probably have to install the “tree” package.

1 Like

You don’t have to, but it is recommended.

Completed download handling will get the path from SAB and import it, Sonarr needs access to that folder and know how to find it (either by making them available via the same path to the container or a remote path mapping). Again, Activity: Queue will tell you why it’s failing, but my guess is SAB drops it in one folder and Sonarr doesn’t know how to find that path because the same path isn’t mapped to Sonarr’s container (or it is via a different internal path).

Drone Factory? No need, not all recommended.

It wouldn’t hurt to see and we can cite exact examples on how to fix it. A screenshot of your SAB settings within Sonarr would be helpful as well.

So here is likely the issue.

SAB Reports the path as being in /downloads as a path (which on the host is /mnt/user/Media/test). Sonarr knows about /mnt/user/Media/test as /data and has no way to find /downloads

You have a couple choices here, either have the Sonarr container map /mnt/user/Media/test to /downloads to match the SAB container or use a Remote Path Mapping in Sonarr to remap it, the former is probably the easiest though.

1 Like

What files are in that folder?

If there isn’t a video file (SAB isn’t extracting the RAR set) Sonarr won’t have anything to import, alternatively it could be permissions.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.