Multiple Downloads of the Same Show?

I can’t figure out why this is happening.

It’s not just for this show; the majority of shows are downloading 10-15 copies.

Any suggestions?

Sonarr grabs a WEB-DL then on import its unable to determine that its a WEB-DL and imports it as HDTV.

Make sure you’re on the latest version of Sonarr as there was a fix for this issue in the latest release, if you’re still having issues please post the full source path that Sonarr imported the file from, available in the details for the import event.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I’m running version 2.0.0.3732

Sorry, I’m having trouble finding the source path that you’re referencing. Is that in one of the logs?

Where would I find the “details for the import event”?

Click the i icon on the right side for the proper event, error with a line (you can hover over the icon on the left to find the correct one).

Sorry, I’m clearly not good at this. Where do I see the event? I’m looking in the log.

Same place you took your screenshot from, hover over the i icon.

Path: Z:\Shows\The Grinder\Season 1\ The Grinder S01E12 - Blood is Thicker than Justice.mkv
Reason: File was deleted to import an upgrade

This is happening a minimum of 10 times for all of my shows.

Thats the deleted event, we need to see the import event information.

Is this it?

Episode Imported
Name: The Grinder S01E12 Blood is Thicker than
Source: D:\Downloads\Usenet\SonarrTV\The Grinder S01E12 Blood is Thicker than\123.mkv
Imported to: Z:\Shows\the Grinder\Season 1\The Grinder S01E12 - Blood is Thicker than Justice.mkv

Thats it.

Could you also post the information from the grab event? I’m curious what the release name is because the folder name that the import came from is not a standard naming format and given that the file and the folder don’t have any quality information, Sonarr was forced to use the extension.

Do you have TV sorting enabled in SAB/NZBGet?
Is something else renaming files before Sonarr imports them?

No sorting enabled in SAB. No other rename (tutorials online made it clear to let Sonarr be the sorting entity).

Grabbed
Name: The.Grinder.S01E12.Blood.is.Thicker.than.Justice.Part.2.720p.FOX.WEBRip.AAC2.0.H.264-BTW
Indexer: NZBs.in
Release Group: BTW
Info: https://nzbs.in/details50b62172a75c59c3e11626f673a4479b#nzb-info-comments
Download Client: Sabnzbd
Age (when grabbed): 6.0 hours
Published Date: Jan 27 2016 09:00:39

I believe the issue here is SAB’s folder_max_length setting (Config->Special->folder_max_length) as its trimming the folder name down due to its length (because the episode title is included). Which means Sonarr can’t get the quality because its not part of the folder name and boom, HDTV-720p instead of WEBDL-720p.

Allowing longer folder names might work in this scenario, but it might cause issues later for long folders + long file names when SAB is extracting files. Long term we need to handle this better, but thats not a short term solution.

Created an issue so we don’t forget about it

Okie dokie.

My folder_max_length (128) is currently set to 40. I’ll bump it up to 80 for a bit and see if anything explodes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.