Moving torrents from local drive to NAS

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5169
Debug logs:

18-4-16 15:15:25.4|Debug|EpisodeFileMovingService|Moving episode file: N:\sonarrtv\Buffy The Vampire Slayer S03 1080p Amazon WEB-DL DD+ 5.1 H.264-TrollHD\Buffy The Vampire Slayer S03E01 1080p Amazon WEB-DL DD+ 5.1 H.264-TrollHD.mkv to N:\sonarr\Buffy the Vampire Slayer\Season 3\Buffy The Vampire Slayer S03E01 1080p Amazon WEB-DL DD+ 5.1 H.264-TrollHD.mkv
18-4-16 15:15:25.4|Debug|DiskTransferService|Move [N:\sonarrtv\Buffy The Vampire Slayer S03 1080p Amazon WEB-DL DD+ 5.1 H.264-TrollHD\Buffy The Vampire Slayer S03E01 1080p Amazon WEB-DL DD+ 5.1 H.264-TrollHD.mkv] > [N:\sonarr\Buffy the Vampire Slayer\Season 3\Buffy The Vampire Slayer S03E01 1080p Amazon WEB-DL DD+ 5.1 H.264-TrollHD.mkv]
18-4-16 15:15:25.6|Debug|MediaFileAttributeService|Setting last write time on series folder: N:\sonarr\Buffy the Vampire Slayer
18-4-16 15:15:25.6|Warn|EpisodeFileMovingService|Unable to set last write time

[v2.0.0.5169] System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file ‘N:\sonarr\Buffy the Vampire Slayer’ because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.OpenHandle(String path)
at System.IO.Directory.SetLastWriteTimeUtc(String path, DateTime lastWriteTimeUtc)
at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskProviderBase.FolderSetLastWriteTime(String path, DateTime dateTime) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Common\Disk\DiskProviderBase.cs:line 265
at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.MediaFileAttributeService.SetFolderLastWriteTime(String path, DateTime time) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\MediaFileAttributeService.cs:line 75
at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFileMovingService.TransferFile(EpisodeFile episodeFile, Series series, List`1 episodes, String destinationFilePath, TransferMode mode) in M:\BuildAgent\work\b69c1fe19bfc2c38\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeFileMovingService.cs:line 127

Description of issue:
Greetings all, I am having a great time working with Sonarr (was automating with flexget before)!

Trying to be as brief as possible as I’ve been trying to solution this for several days:

1. Search and send Season Pack (such as Buffy, Season 3) to qBittorrent.
  2. qBittorrent is set to download to a local hard drive, and on completion is moved to my NAS where it continues seeding and Sonarr will try to move it to its final destination (utilizing hardlink to continue seeding and not take up extra space)
  3. Normally if this is a single episode, or a movie (in Radarr), there are no issues. It appears that with season packs, only several episodes (such as 1 - 3) are moved before Sonarr starts to do its thing. In this case, it imported 3 episodes. I waited for a while, and went to the Tasks area and ran many of them manually to try and trigger importing. It did not work, and I noticed they were gone from Queue and only in History.

Now I’ve tried several workarounds for myself, such as running torrents and sonarr directly on my NAS (DS1817+) but I noticed CPU utilization with transmission or rtorrent or deluge started hovering at 90% with a relatively small number of torrents.

Deluge, at least on Windows, moves files from local to NAS very slowly - and it gives me a lot of trouble with randomly deciding not to connect with Sonarr.

Transmission has similar issues - the worst of which is that whenever a file is being moved, the interface is completely unresponsive, and nothing can get added (a supposedly known issue).

As of now, I’m running qBittorrent still, but downloading directly to the NAS. This is not ideal as it’s definitely difficult to download torrents this way due to the many packets, and it just never reaches my connection speeds. On qBit I can hit 100 megabytes (i’m on a gigabit FiOS connection) on my torrent sites, when local, and qBit moves these files relatively quickly compared to other trackers - but due to the issues with some files not getting imported I’ve decided to sacrifice speed for stability.

Does anyone have any thoughts?
Thanks!

The problem is qbit (and all torrent clients) report success once the download is complete, not when post-download actions complete (scripts, moving, etc) and Sonarr in your case Sonarr has no idea the move is taking place.

Better handling of this may come via

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.