Moving Sonarr from one volume to another on a Synology NAS

Couldn’t find this discussed anywhere. For the past year, my main volume was “Volume2” so I installed Sonarr and all other apps there, but some (e.g. Plex) simply didn’t handle updates well on “Volume2”, so I’ve upgraded and started to migrate everything over to “Volume1”. For Sonarr, is the default backup enough to do a configuration restore after uninstalling from “Volume2” and re-installing on “Volume1”? Or is there some installation-volume-specific settings in there that will prevent it from working? And if so, is there something I can manually-edit before restoring?

It should be, but you could also make your own copy of Sonarr’s app data folder to be extra safe.

1 Like

Thank you. It worked.

I un-installed Sonarr then Mono from Vol2. Re-installed Mono then Sonarr on Vol1. Then deleted all .db files from /usr/local/nzbdrone/var/.config/NzbDrone/ and copied config.xml and nzbdrone.db from /tmp/nzbdrone_backup/ back to /usr/local/nzbdrone/var/.config/NzbDrone/.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.