Moving from Mac to PC - not a valid windows path

Sonarr version (Version 3.0.8.1507):

Using Windows 11 Pro

I downloaded Sonarr on the new PC and made the mistake of doing a backup and trying to install the backup on the windows machine. I now get:

value [/volumes/8TB WhiteX/TV/Clarice/] is not a valid Windows path. paths must be a full path eg. C:\Windows Parameter name: path

I’ve tried to uninstall and start again but no matter what I do it doesn’t get past the error above. Is there a way to start from scratch please?

thanks.

W

You cannot move from windows to non-windows without starting from scratch with a new database or by manually editing every single path in the database

Uninstalling/reinstalling has nothing to do with your database not being compatible with your OS nor does that even make sense to conclude?

Sorry I don’t think I was very clear with my first post. I’ll try again and hopefully it makes sense - or you did know what I’m talking about and I can’t fix it!

I had Sonarr on a Mini Mac, I did a backup of everything and saved it. I’ve just had a new Windows PC and I thought (stupidly) to install the backup on the new windows PC.

That’s when it came up with the error above. I’ve tried uninstalling sonarr on the PC and tried a fresh install but it just remembers my last attempt and when sonarr launches it goes to the error message. Just trying to figure out how to do a fresh install on the PC without any back ups. Whatever I do I can’t get past that error stage.

Thanks.

Again, uninstalling and reinstalling will not fix your issue.

Delete sonarr’s database in the appdata folder (see the wiki) and start fresh.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.